Not Your Traditional Canvases

I used to design and decorate cookies.  I truly enjoyed my cookie experience while I was in the thick of it and made many dear friends in 'the land of the decorated cookie'.  But most importantly of all is that I learned a great deal about myself in the process. There are a few things I miss about running my cookie business.  However, my expiration date had been met and it was time to move on.


As I neared the end of my cookie career, I had been doing more and more hand painted designs on my royal icing canvases.  Many times I would remark that my cookies now looked more like edible ceramic tiles than cookies! Not long after, I took that whispering voice in my head (and heart) and made a change in the direction of my life's creative and artistic path.  Here, I'll show you what I mean about things evolving from a cookie canvas to a ceramic canvas:

Cookie Canvas:


 Ceramic Canvas:



Cookie Canvas:


Ceramic Canvas:

Cookie Canvas:

Ceramic Canvas:

Cookie Canvas:

Ceramic Canvas:

Cookie Canvas:
Ceramic Canvas:
Cookie Canvas:
Ceramic Canvas:
Cookie Canvas:
Ceramic Canvas:
I could go one and on, but thankfully for you, I'll stop here :)

Now oddly enough to me, my skills as an artist and a painter improved dramatically while I was painting on my cookie canvases.  I wish I could explain the phenomena but for the life of me, I'm baffled.  I've developed this no fear attitude (when it comes to painting) which I'm  really enjoying.  Who knows? Maybe it's an age thing now but I'd rather think it's all thanks to my dear little cookies encouraging me to try something new and be different!  Thankfully I can honestly tell you I've never been happier or more creative in my life!  Plus, I can get a whole lot more detail packed onto my ceramic tile canvases than I ever could on a cookie, and for someone like me who has a hard time editing out detail, this is a wonderful thing!  Kudos to you, my little Kookies for bringing me where I am today, happily painting on tiles in my very own Kudos Kitchen!

Thanks for visiting!
Sincerely,













Labels: ,