Dilly Swiss Burger

Looking for a burger that's packed full of big, bold flavors, and is lip smacking good? Then listen carefully because this Dilly Swiss Burger is calling your name.

Dilly Swiss Burger

The idea for this burger came to me while I was in the grocery store trying to figure out a tasty idea for dinner that night. Since I love Swiss cheese, and my husband loves Cuban sandwiches. This burger is something we both enjoyed.

Dilly Swiss Burger

When I work on recipes, I don't always have specific ideas in mind before I start. With this burger, all I knew is that I wanted to use a beef and pork mixture, stuff it full of chopped dill pickles, and top it with Swiss cheese. The rest just sort of happened after I took out the mixing bowl.

Dilly Swiss Burger

This recipe makes eight quarter-pound burgers. If however you decide that you'd like to make only 4, this recipe is easy enough to half. For example: Instead of using one pound of ground beef and one pound of ground pork, use ½ pound of ground beef, and ½ pound of ground pork, and so on.

These burgers can be cooked in the oven, in a skillet on the stovetop, or outside on the grill. I'm sharing the cooking directions for all three variations with the following recipe.

DILLY SWISS BURGER    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield:  8 burgers       Prep Time:  5 minutes      Cook Time:  13-15 minutes

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
½ cup finely chopped dill pickles
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
8 slices Swiss Cheese
8 buns (I like pretzel buns)
toppings of your choice

-In a large bowl, mix together the first seven ingredients and form into patties (approximately 2/3 cup of meat per patty). Season the patties liberally with salt and pepper.

-To cook on the stovetop: Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the burgers to the preheated skillet and brown on each side (approximately 5-7 minutes per side).

-To cook in the oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a rack. Place the burgers on the rack and cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.

-To cook on the grill: Cook over medium/high heat for 5-6 minutes per side.

-Top each burger with a slice of Swiss cheese and place each burger on a bun of your choosing.

-Serve immediately with toppings of your choice (not pictured). Red onion, lettuce, mustard, mayonnaise, tomatoes, etc.

Dilly Swiss Burger

And, as we all know, nothing goes better with a tasty burger after a long day's work than a nice, frosty beer served in a custom painted pilsner :)

Firefighter and Nurse Painted Pilsner

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware to fabrics (aprons and tea towels), please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shops on Etsy and Wazala. Custom orders are always welcome, and I will happily design and paint from any photo or description you send my way.

Kudos Kitchen by Renee ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and every day!


Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,