Cinnamon Fudge

Wake up your taste buds with this Cinnamon Fudge. It's not the typical flavor of fudge that you've seen coming and going, year after year.
Cinnamon Fudge

If you're like me and will be walking the straight and narrow when it comes to making better food choices in the new year, then there's still time for you to make this fudge before the clock strikes midnight...but you'd better hurry!

Cinnamon Fudge

I'm sharing this recipe for fudge that I haven't made for many, many years. I first found the recipe in some woman's magazine probably close to 20 years ago, and its name is Fantasy Fudge.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine contacted me and asked me about the fudge that I used to make every Christmas while our kids were young. She had wanted to compare it to a fudge recipe she had of her sisters and asked my opinion about the ingredients. I told her that I hadn't made the Fantasy Fudge she was asking about for a long, long time. I commented to her what a coincidence it was that she had contacted me as I had been thinking of making it this year, but hadn't yet looked for my recipe.  I asked her if she would she mind sending me the copy of the recipe (since she had it handy), and it would save me the time and exasperation of rummaging around trying to find mine.

Not long afterwards, I received a photo on my phone from my friend with the exact recipe card I'd hand written and shared with her those oh-so-many years ago. As you can see from the photos, I was very festive with my red and green penmanship back then. LOL I wish I would have dated the card, but I'm guessing that it's probably from the early 90's.

I treasure the fact that she shared these photos with me as it brings back so many memories. Not only of the fudge but of the days when our kids were little and the good times we've all shared.
Thanks for being so sweet, Bridget!!!

As you can tell from the recipe card, I've adapted the original Fantasy Fudge recipe ever so slightly by using cinnamon chips instead of the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Other than that, everything is exactly the same...including my festive penmanship that hasn't changed a whole lot over the years.

Makes:  9" x 13" pan      Prep Time:  10 minutes     Chill Time:  1 hour

3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 package (12 ounces) cinnamon chips
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
baking spray
9" x 13" baking dish

-In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and evaporated milk. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to stir constantly for 5 minutes.

-Remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon chips, vanilla extract and marshmallow creme until thoroughly combined.

-Spray the baking dish with the baking spray and carefully pour the cinnamon fudge mixture into the pan. Evenly smooth the top. Chill the fudge until set (at least one hour).

-Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!

Cinnamon Fudge

You're going to love the flavor of this fudge. While the cinnamon flavor is mild, it's enough to be noticed but doesn't hit you over the head with too much spiciness. To me, it's a perfect balance of sweetness and spice, and everything nice.

Cinnamon Fudge

And since we're talking about all things sweet; this is a special request tea towel (one of seven) that I painted for a customer this past holiday. Please always remember to bee kind, bee nice, and bee sweet! That's the buzz for today!

Bees and Honey Hand Painted Tea Towel

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from fabrics (tea towels and aprons) to glassware, please contact me or visit my shop on Etsy and Wazala. Special request orders (as shown above) are always welcome. I will happily work and design from any photo or description you send my way.

Kudos Kitchen by ReneƩ ~ Where food, art, and fun collide each and everyday!

Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , , , ,