Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Pretzel Graham Cracker Crust #PumpkinWeek

Pumpkin and peanut butter candies are a match made in heaven, especially when added to the creamy sweetness of cheesecake. The pretzel graham cracker crust simply adds to this cheesecake's over-the-top deliciousness.

Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake

It's already the last day of #PumpkinWeek, and I've saved the best for last. Hang onto your pumpkin loving hat because this Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Pretzel Graham Cracker Crust will blow your mind!

Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake

My husband is the cheesecake lover in our family, so I made this pumpkin-themed cheesecake with him (and you) in mind.

As I was walking the aisles of the grocery store thinking about pumpkin cheesecake, I was trying to come up with ideas that would elevate the fairly simple flavor (pumpkin) to one of epic cheesecake proportions. Before long I found myself in the candy aisle, and the result is what you see here.

However, I can't take credit for the pretzel and graham cracker crust idea. That was my son Greg's, who happened to wondered out loud one day how pretzels would taste crushed into the crust of a cheesecake? I'm glad he was thinking out loud, so naturally I took his idea and ran with it.

Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake

Servings: 16      Prep Time:   40 minutes     Bake Time: 60-70 minutes

For the crust:
2½ cups of mini pretzels
6 graham cracker rectangles
¼ salt
1 tablespoon sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
food processor
8" springform pan
baking spray

For the filling:
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup Greek yogurt
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups Reese's Pieces
fall sprinkles (optional)
baking sheet
parchment paper (optional)

To make the crust:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the springform pan with the baking spray and set aside.

-In a food processor, pulse the pretzels, graham crackers, salt and sugar to form crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse to form a mixture the consistency of wet sand.

-Place the pan on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press the crust crumbs evenly in the bottom of the prepared springform pan, and bake in a preheated oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.

To make the filling:
-In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cream cheese, pumpkin and Greek yogurt. Add the eggs, vanilla, and ground cinnamon and continue blending until no lumps remain and the mixture is smooth and creamy.

-Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and stir the candy into the cheesecake batter. Gently pour the batter into the springform pan.

-Sprinkle the surface of the cheesecake with fall sprinkles (if desired) and bake in a preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until the cheesecake is no longer jiggly in the center.

-Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool for 30 minutes. Run a knife around the diameter of the pan to loosen the cake and remove the collar from the base of the pan. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely and refrigerate until ready to serve.

-Serve cold, or at room temperature (which is how I recommend eating it).

Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake

It's a good thing that I was able to give more than half this cheesecake away to family and friends otherwise my husband, and I would have devoured the entire thing by ourselves in just a couple of days...and nobody needs that (no matter how tasty it is)!

Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake

#PumpkinWeek is here again and we can't be more excited. Hosted by Terri from Love and Confections, 19 Bloggers will be sharing 65 pumpkin-filled recipes over the course of the week. Be sure to come back every day to see all the delicious creations - from muffins to cakes, cocktails, breakfast baked goods, savory pastas and stews, and gluten-free recipes too. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!

#PumpkinWeek day 5 recipes:
I call this what I call my "Baking Therapy" apron. If you're like me and love to bake, then you totally understand the why I call it that.

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from aprons, to tea towels, to glassware, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders are always welcomed, and always encouraged. Together we give the gifts that people remember.

I'm now running a 15% OFF sale for all food blogger aprons, from now through October 31st so now's a great time to contact me to get your quote, and place your order. All aprons are machine washable.

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,