Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage #PumpkinWeek

Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage is easier than you may think to make with just a few simple ingredients, and a few basic kitchen tools.

Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage

Welcome to #PumpkinWeek everyone! #PumpkinWeek an annual celebration where participating food bloggers share our all-time favorite pumpkin recipes from sweet to savory (and everything in between) Monday through Friday, September 28th through October 2nd. Our hostess is Terri of Love and Confections, and I thank her for all her hard work in coordinating this year's event.

I'll be participating in #PumpkinWeek with three delicious recipes. This Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage is for Monday September 28th, day one. On Wednesday, September 30th I'll be bringing you my recipe for Pumpkin Biscotti with a Maple Syrup Glaze, and on Friday, October 2nd I'm excited to be sharing my Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake.

I would have loved to participated throughout the entire week, but unfortunately I ran out of time and couldn't get it all done. Oh well. At least I have three recipes that I'm proud to share, and this one for Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage kicks it all off in style!

Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage

I've only made homemade pasta a few times in my life. When I'd decided to participate in this week's festivities, I knew almost immediately that I'd like to try my hand at making homemade pumpkin pasta.

I'd made my pasta on a Sunday while my husband was off at a football game. Lucky me got to spend my entire day in the kitchen cooking and baking (my favorite football Sunday activity) preparing for #PumpkinWeek. I also made the Reese's Pieces Pumpkin Cheesecake I spoke about earlier, and few other various items not related to pumpkins.

As much as I enjoy spending time in my kitchen, it was a long day on my feet, and my dogs were barking (literally and figuratively). So instead of cooking my pasta immediately after cutting it into noodles, I decided to let it dry and cook it for dinner the very next day. I crossed my fingers and hoped that that would be okay.

Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage

The results of cooking the dried pasta worked wonderfully well, and I felt it was a complete success. The reason I tell you this is to let you know that you can either cook this pasta from a completely fresh state (immediately after cutting), or from a dried state. Depending on the time allotted for preparation. The only thing that will differ is it's cooking time. The fresh pasta will not take as long to cook as the dried pasta, so please make note of that when you're planning your pasta preference and cooking time.

Yield:  1 pound     Prep Time:  15 minutes (plus drying time, optional)   Cook Time: Varies (see below)

2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for rolling and cutting the dough
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 egg
2 egg yolks
4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon dried sage
3 tablespoon butter
Parmesan cheese to finish
baking sheets
parchment paper
pizza wheel or pasta cutter

-Pulse the flour and salt together in a food processor. Add in the egg, egg yolks, pumpkin puree and sage. Pulse again until the mixture comes together into a ball.

-Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion out into a thin rectangle shape (no need to be precise) approximately ¼" thickness. *Note - Cover the other portions of dough with plastic wrap so they don't dry out until you're ready to roll them.

-Use a pizza cutter or pasta wheel to cut the dough into strips, approximately all the same thickness. Lay the pasta strips out onto a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure they have space in between so they don't stick to each other. Proceed with the same rolling and cutting process with the remaining dough pieces.

-*Note - If cooking immediately, bring a large pot of water to boil along with approximately 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Drop in the pasta and cook for approximately 2 minutes. or until it floats to the surface of the water. Drain. Stir in the butter and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately

-*Note - If drying, cover the pasta strips loosely with paper towels and allow the pasta to air dry at least 8-10 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, bring a large pot of water to boil with approximately 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Drop the dried pasta in the boiling water and allow the pasta to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until it floats to the surface of the water. Drain. Stir in the butter and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage

Homemade Pumpkin Pasta with Sage

#PumpkinWeek is here again and we can't be more excited. Hosted by Terri from Love and Confections, 19 Bloggers will be sharing 65 pumpkin-filled recipes over the course of the week. Be sure to come back every day to see all the delicious creations - from muffins to cakes, cocktails, breakfast baked goods, savory pastas and stews, and gluten-free recipes too. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!

#PumpkinWeek Day 1 Recipes:

Browned Butter Salty Pumpkin Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie.

Caramel Pumpkin Cake from Feeding Big and more.

Easy Pumpkin Donuts with Vanilla Cream Sauce from {i love} my disorganized life.

Gooey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.

Healthy Cinnamon-Apple Pumpkin Muffins from Simply Healthy Family

Homemade Pumpkin and Sage Pasta from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.

Pumpkin Cannoli from The Redhead Baker.

Pumpkin Chai Baked Donut from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Whoopie Pies from Dizzy Busy and Hungry.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Gluten Free Crumbley.

Pumpkin Monkey Bread from Making Miracles.

Pumpkin Muffins from My Catholic Kitchen.

Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Crumby Cupcake.

Pumpkin Snack Cake from Recipes Food and Cooking.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm.

Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Butter from Love and Confections.

Spiced Pumpkin-Bourbon Fizz from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.

Don't you just love autumn and pumpkins? I know I do! These are a few of my favorite pieces that I've ever painted. I hope you'll fall in love with them too.

Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Hand Painted Glassware

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware, to tea towels to aprons, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders are always welcome and I will happily work from any photo or description you send my way! Together we give the gifts that people remember!

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , , , , ,