Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

Chocolate lovers, do I have a cookie for you! These crispy Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies will satisfy your desire for chocolate and toffee in one crispy cookie.

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

I made these cookies to bring to my brother and sister-in-law's lake house this past weekend. They travel well, satisfy a sweet tooth, and also contain oats so you don't need to feel all that guilty if you eat five or more... Who me?

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

These cookies are so good they'll be gone in one...two...three bites...

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

And it happens in a "snap."

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

Better have another...

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

Makes: 4½ dozen      Prep Time:   10 minutes      Bake Time: 18-20 minutes per baking sheet

2 stickS butter, softened to room temperature (I use salted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup quick cooking oats
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

-In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs and vanilla extract.

-In second large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture in one third increments, blending well after each addition. Blend in the toffee bits, chocolate chips and nuts (if using).

-Drop the cookie batter in tablespoons (I use a small ice cream scoop) onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper (one dozen cookies per sheet). Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through the baking process.

-Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 4-5 minutes. Remove the slightly cooled cookies to a baking rack to cool completely. Continue the same process with the remaining cookie dough.

-Serve and enjoy!

Choco-Oat Toffee Chip Cookies

And since I was telling you that I brought these cookies to my brother and sister-in-law's lake house, here are a few photos from that weekend. We had such a good time. Their lake house is just perfect. It's on Bayles lake in Illinois.

This is my sister-in-law, Pam. Isn't she adorable?

And this is my twin brother, Bob. Isn't he handsome? Can you see our resemblance? LOL

And of course no post would be complete without the addition of one (or two) of my painted pieces. Here are two mugs that I painted for Bob and Pam a few years back. Pam is a x-ray technician, and, as you can see, Bob loves to fish.

Custom Painted Hobby Coffee Mugs

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware, to aprons, to tea towels, please feel free to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders are always welcome and always encouraged.

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , , , , ,