Chicken Fajita Pizza


This Chicken Fajita Pizza combines two of my favorite things. Pizza and chicken fajitas. It also comes together quickly because it utilizes store-bought pizza crust, and rotisserie chicken.

Chicken Fajita Pizza

When dinner needs to be quick, tasty and satisfying, try this Chicken Fajita Pizza. It's got something for everyone.

Chicken Fajita Pizza

As our family has evolved and our kids have moved out on their own, I find that my meal planning has changed. A lot.

I'm not nearly as rigid as I once was about planning dinners weeks in advance, and some days I don't even have a clue what dinner will be that night until I have a taste for something specific. Then I'll run out to the store in the middle of the afternoon if I don't have the ingredients on hand. Many times when I don't feel like cooking but also don't want to spend the money to order-in, I'll reach for the grocery store's rotisserie chicken. It's been a lifesaver for me more times than I can count lately.

Chicken Fajita Pizza

As I mentioned earlier, this recipe also takes advantage of pre-made pizza crust. Well, at least that's what I used the night I made this pizza. Of course you can always use fresh pizza dough (either homemade or store bought), but it depends on how much time you want to spend getting dinner ready. Pre-made pizza crust is when dinner needs to be fast and easy!

Chicken Fajita Pizza

CHICKEN FAJITA PIZZA    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Slices:   8-10       Prep Time:   10 minutes       Bake Time:   20 minutes

1 Store-bought prepared pizza crust
1 can refried black beans
½ rotisserie chicken meat, skinned and shredded
1 tablespoon fire roasted green chilies (more if you like it hot)
½ teaspoon smoked cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
½ large red onion, peeled and sliced
¼ cup prepared salsa
8 ounces queso chihuahua cheese, shredded (or shredded Mexican blend)
sour cream (optional)

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

-Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet and spread the refried black beans in an even layer on top of the crust.

-In a medium saute pan over medium/high heat, cook the green bell pepper and red onion in the canola oil until slightly caramelized and browned. Remove from heat and set aside.

-Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the chicken, green chilies, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the top of the black beans and pizza crust.

-Top the chicken mixture with an even layer of the cooked green pepper and onion. Top the vegetables with the salsa and then an even layer the shredded cheese.

-Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.

-Cool slightly. Cut into wedges, and serve with sour cream if desired.



Chicken Fajita Pizza

Chicken Fajita Pizza

Looking for more tasty recipes that take advantage of store-bought rotisserie chicken? Good! I've got you covered. Take a look at these. Just click on the recipe titles to be taken directly to the recipe.

CARROT AND GINGER CHICKEN NOODLE STEW:

Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew

BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA:

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

FAST AND EASY PICNIC CHICKEN AND AVOCADO WRAPS:

Chicken and Avocado Wraps

CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO PIZZA:

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pizza

Are you a food blogger and you'd love your own custom painted apron? Well I have a special offer for you that lasts for a limited time only. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of this page for all the details.

Food Blogger Custom Logo Aprons

For more details about my hand painted aprons and how you can redeem a 15% off coupon through my shop until October 31, 2015 click HERE.

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!


Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,