Apple Pear Sauce with Grand Marnier


What make this Apple Pear Sauce so special (aside from the mixing of the apples and pears), is the splash of Grand Marnier at the finish. It's applesauce for the over 21 crowd.


Apple Pear Sauce with Grand Marnier


Do you feel it? Fall is in the air, and I for one could not be happier! Especially since it's apple season!


Apple Pear Sauce with Grand Marnier

This apple pear sauce is super simple to make and takes only about an hour of simmer-time on the stovetop. While slow-cooker and pressure cooking are very popular these days, I encourage you to fully take advantage of stovetop cooking in the fall and winter too. Your home will thank you for all the delicious aromas that stovetop simmering will provide, and it's one way to quick way to turn your house into a cozy home!

Apple Pear Sauce with Grand Marnier

Of course, if you're making this for the kiddo's you can leave out the Grand Marnier. I promise you that you'll still fall in love with this wonderful taste of autumn, with no added sugar. However, if you're over 21 and would enjoy adding the Grand Marnier, then go for it! You won't be sorry!

Might I also suggest that you serve this apple pear sauce, warm for dessert, with a nice scoop of ice cream, and with an additional drizzle of Grand Marnier over top? So, so, so, good!

APPLE PEAR SAUCE WITH GRAND MARNIER    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}

4 Gala apples, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
3 Bartlett pears, Peeled and cut into 1" chunks
2 tablespoons butter
pinch fresh nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 cinnamon sticks
½ cup water
1" fresh ginger root, unpeeled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (optional)

-Place the first 9 ingredients into a large pot over medium heat. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until the fruit is fork tender.

-Remove the cinnamon stick and ginger root piece and discard.

-Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the vanilla and Grand Marnier (if desired). Use a potato masher to mash the sauce to your desired consistency. Cool and chill if desired. Or serve warm and top with ice cream.


Apple Pear Sauce with Grand Marnier

Apple Pear Sauce with Grand Marnier

Since I've never made my own jam or jellies, this apple pear sauce is the closest I've come to doing so. That said, I have painted a lot of orange marmalade in my time, and I'm a whiz at making toast!

I Love Toast Tea Towels

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from tea towels, to aprons, to glassware items, please don't hesitate to contact me for a price quote, or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders are always welcome and always encouraged.

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!


Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!


Labels: , , , , , ,