Pineapple Cheese Ball

This super cute Pineapple Cheese Ball will be the hit of your next party. It's really easy to make, and is crazy delicious too.

Pineapple Cheese Ball

The count down is on. In a mere three days, my husband and I will be hosting one of the biggest backyard parties we've ever thrown. I'm nervous, and excited, and exhausted. Who's idea was this, anyway? LOL

Since we're having the dinner portion of our party catered (we're doing a pig roast with all the sides and fixin's) I decided that I wanted to make all the appetizers and desserts myself. Little by little, over the past week I've been baking and creating up a storm. My freezer and fridge are piled full of cookies, brownies, dips, and of course, this cheese ball.

Pineapple Cheese Ball

I can't take credit for coming up with structural idea for this pineapple cheese ball. I don't recall where I actually saw it, but it was most likely Pinterest. However, what I can take credit for is coming up with the actual ingredients I used to make up the cheese ball portion. With my sister sitting at my kitchen table, she can account for how I started dumping ingredients into the bowl and mixing them up until it tasted just right. We know. We tested it. LOL

Pineapple Cheese Ball

Once the ingredients were thoroughly mixed, I formed a pineapple shape on the serving platter. It was my sister's job to place and press the pecan halves ever so carefully onto the cheese to resemble one of Hawaii's finest. She did a great job, don't you think? Thanks, Lynn!


2 bricks (8 ounces, each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
6-7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup chopped pecans
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
½ teaspoon black pepper
pecan halves
1 pineapple top (the green leafy portion), cut in half lengthwise
assorted crackers or vegetables to serve

-Place all the ingredients (except the pecan halves and the pineapple top) into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.

-Shape the cheese mixture into a pineapple shape. Gently press the pecan halves into the cheese to form the outer skin of the pineapple. Place the cut pineapple top on top of the cheese ball. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with assorted crackers or fresh vegetables.

Grab the crackers, your favorite tropical drink, and dig in :)

Pineapple Cheese Ball

I'm so excited to be going to Hawaii in a few days, and I'm thrilled to be able to take you on a little tour as well. Honestly, I've never been to Hawaii and I doubt that I'll get there for many more years. But until that time, this party will have to make due.

Last year I painted these Hawaiian inspired champagne flutes and wine glasses for a couple that had a destination wedding. I used their wedding invitation as my inspiration. I just love the way they turned out, and so did the bride and groom! Aloha!

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from glassware, to aprons, to tea towels, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders (as shown above), are always welcomed, and always encouraged. What can I paint for you?

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,