Fast and Easy Avocado Chicken Salad


Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad is a wonderful and easy filling for tortilla wraps. Store-bought rotisserie chicken makes it the perfect choice for a quick and tasty grab-and-go lunch or dinner. 

Avocado Chicken Salad
This may not be the prettiest chicken salad in the world, but if you're an avocado lover, the beauty lies within.


The first day I made this Fast and Easy Avocado Chicken Salad, I mixed the mashed avocado with Greek yogurt for that little bit of tang that Greek yogurt provides. The next time I make it however, I think I'm going to mix it up with a little bit of mayonnaise (because I'm recently following a high-fat, low-carb diet), along with a touch of lemon juice. Greek yogurt or mayonnaise, either way you make it, it's still a "winner, winner avocado chicken salad dinner!" I know you'll agree.

Avocado Chicken Salad

Another thing I know you'll appreciate about this recipe is that it's a no-cook meal. No need to turn on the oven in the scorching summer heat. Plus, the cool and creamy avocado is just what the doctor ordered after a long, hot day.

AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 3 cups       Prep Time: 10 minutes

2 ripe avocados, pitted
1 cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 rotissiree chicken, skinned and shredded into bite sized pieces
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon roasted cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
4 -5 large tortillas, if desired
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, if desired
Romaine lettuce shreds, if desired

-Mash the avocados in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the yogurt, cilantro, chicken, salt, pepper, red onion, olive oil, cumin and coriander.

-Fill tortillas with cheese, top with some avocado chicken salad, and lettuce (if desired). Roll, wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and refrigerate until ready to serve.




My husband and I took these Avocado Chicken Salad wraps for dinner one night when we went shore fishing after work. We didn't catch any fish, but dinner was delicious!

Avocado Chicken Salad

These everyday camping glasses seemed like a fun (and colorful) note to end on. They actually have nothing at all to do with the Avocado Chicken Salad recipe. It's just the fun fact that my husband and I took the salad on our fishing trip. LOL! Yes, I'm really reaching, but they're cute glasses just the same, don't you think?

Camping Glasses

From aprons, to tea towels, to glassware, if there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on etsy. Custom orders (as shown above) are always welcome, and always encouraged. What can I paint for you?

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!


Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!




Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,