Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies


Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies are just what you're craving when you need a little something sweet, and a little something rich and buttery.

Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies

I've never been to Hawaii, and it's on my bucket list of places I'd like to visit one day. Until that time, the closest I'll get is that my husband and I are throwing a big luau party/pig roast party in our backyard in the next couple of weeks. These cookies will be on the dessert menu.


Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies

We've been planning this party for the past few months and are going all out with the decorations, food, beverages, and guest list. If I'm honest here, it probably would be cheaper for us to actually travel to Hawaii than throw this party. LOL.

Here is a copy of the invitation I sent out to family and friends. I think it sets the tone for the party with its colorful theme and whimsical feeling. If you happen to be in the area, why don't you join us. You're always welcome here!


We're not roasting the pig by ourselves. We have not idea how to do that, and don't feel like digging a big pit in our lawn for that purpose. We're hiring a local company to do that for us (not the big pit part), and they'll be here to professionally carve it when it's dinnertime.

Our catered dinner will consist of pulled pork sandwiches (with buns, tortillas and cornbread), roasted red potatoes with butter and parsley (not exactly Hawaiian fare, but something that will please the masses), baked beans, and tropical coleslaw.

Since I'm not cooking the dinner portion of the party, I've decided that I'll take care of all the appetizers and desserts instead. To keep things under control and organized (as best I can) I've started baking the cookies in advance of the party and am storing them in the freezer. The cupcakes will happen next week.

First up is this recipe the Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies. It was hard not to sample them after they'd come out of the oven because they smelled incredible. However, I was good and waited for them to cool completely before I took some photos, then bagged them carefully and stuck them in the freezer.

Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies

COCONUT MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 4 dozen       Prep Time:  Approx. 10 minutes    Bake Time:  Approx. 20 minutes

2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
2 large eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup coarsley chopped macadamia nuts

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

-In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugars. Blend in the vanilla, coconut extract and eggs.

-In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Gradually blend the flour into the butter and sugar mixture until dough is thick and heavy. Blend in the coconut and macadamia nuts until fully incorporated.

-Drop tablespoon size dough onto parchment lined baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake two cookie sheets at a time in a preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, rotating the cookies sheets half way between baking.

-Remove to a baking rack to cool completely and enjoy!


Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies


Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies


Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies

I hope you'll stay tuned to my blog because as we get closer to our luau party date, I'll be sharing the additional cookie, cupcake and appetizer recipes with you that I know you'll enjoy.

In the coming weeks, I'll be getting a lot of use out of my apron, and my mixer. So it seems only fitting that I share my hand painted apron design with you. It's one of my absolute favorites!

Stand Mixer Painted Apron

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from aprons to tea towels, to glassware items, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders are always welcomed and are always encouraged. What can I paint for you?

Kudos Kitchen by ReneƩ ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!


I'm thrilled to be linking up this post and recipe to Carole's Chatter: Vintage Coconut.

Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!

Labels: , , , ,