Cherry Sriracha BBQ Sauce


When you want an all-natural BBQ sauce that's sweet, with a little heat, mix up a batch of this Cherry Sriracha BBQ sauce. Your taste buds will thank you!

Cherry Sriracha BBQ Sauce

I love to make cherry BBQ sauce while cherries are in season. It's relatively fast and simple to make and it goes well with chicken, pork and even beef.



Cherry Sriracha BBQ Sauce

With only six ingredients, this sauce is a real winner.  Pitted fresh cherries get simmered in a saucepot along with a touch of brown sugar, sriracha and a few other simple ingredients until the cherries burst, and the sauce reduces and thickens. Of course, you can always add fresh herbs too. I think some fresh thyme in this would be lovely, and maybe a little mint would be tasty too. Experiment a little if you're up for it. But if you're not, by all means, stick with this recipe as it's already taste-tested, and thumbs-up approved!

CHERRY SRIRACHA BBQ SAUCE    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield:   approximately 2 cups       Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes

½ pound fresh cherries, pitted
¼ cup brown sugar
3 - 4 tablespoons sriracha (depending on your tastes)
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

-Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 30 minutes. The sauce will thicken and reduce. Use a potato masher to gently mash the cherries, but still leaving a lot of consistency (if desired). Cool. *Note - If you like a less chunky sauce, you can add the cooled sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Spoon the cooled sauce in a jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.

Cherry Sriracha BBQ Sauce

Now, because it's the height of cherry season, here are some of my other cherry recipes that I think you'll also enjoy.

Chocolate Cherry Cows:

Chocolate Cherry Cows

Chocolate Cherry Yeast Bread with Walnuts:

Chocolate Cherry Yeast Bread

Sweet Cherry Rolls with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze:

Sweet Cherry Rolls

And a new apron design. This one speaks to my heart more than all the others. Maybe you feel the same way. From childhood, I've always loved Julia Child, and I have the greatest memories of sitting in front of the TV on Saturday afternoons with my mom watching Julia cook. To me, it always seemed like Julia never followed recipes and always cooked with abandon. To say I learned a lot from Julia, and those priceless Saturday afternoons is an understatement!

Julia Child Quote Apron

I hope you like the recipe, and the apron. If there is ever anything I can paint for you, from aprons, to tea towels, to glassware items, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome, and always encouraged.

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!


Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!


Labels: , , , ,