Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon


Bored with the same old summertime side dishes? Wake up your taste buds with this Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon. It's a feast for your eyes, as well as your taste buds!

Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon

Just the other day I posted my recipe for Healthy Homemade Avocado Oil Mayonnaise, which I've been making like a mad woman lately because I can't seem to get enough. This recipe for Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon was developed to take advantage of that mayonnaise, and the results are amazingly delicious!

Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon

Naturally, making your own homemade mayonnaise is not critical to make this recipe come out all tasty and wonderful. Your favorite brand of store-bought mayonnaise will work too. It's just that by using store bought mayo, you won't have the additional health benefits that the avocado oil mayonnaise provides. But I promise you'll still love the flavor, freshness, and crunch of this delicious salad.

Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon

*Note - as with all mayonnaise-based salads; always keep chilled, before, during, and after serving. Especially in the hot summer months. 

BROCCOLI SLAW WITH BLUEBERRIES AND BACON   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Makes: 3 cups         Prep Time: 10 minutes       Chill Time: at least 1 hour

1 bag broccoli slaw (found in the produce department)
½ cup mayonnaise, (more if you like a creamier slaw) homemade or store bought
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 medium shallot, minced
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
6-7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 teaspoon Swerve (or granulated sugar)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground coriander

-Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix well, but gently, to combine. Chill for at least 1 hour for the flavors to marry. Serve cold.

Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon

Broccoli Slaw with Blueberries and Bacon

I've made this salad several times since I first came up the recipe, and each and every time my husband comments on how much he loves it! Must be the bacon! LOL

Whatever the reason, the bacon or blueberries, I love feeling like Wonder Woman in the kitchen!

Wonder Woman Chefs Apron

Of course, a little wine doesn't hurt, *wink*

Wonder Woman Wine Glass

But if I'm being totally honest, more time than not, I feel more like this:

Hot Mess Wine Glass

If there is anything I can paint for you, from aprons, to tea towels, to glassware, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop on Etsy. Custom orders are always welcomed and always encouraged.

Kudos Kitchen by Reneé ~ Where food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!


Until we eat again, I hope you have a delicious day!



Labels: , , , , , , , ,