Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers


When you looking for something to satisfy your craving for mashed potatoes but don't want all those pesky carbs and calories, make these Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers. They're fantastic!

Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers will satisfy your craving for mashed potatoes but without all those calories and carbs. - Kudos Kitchen by Renee


I adore mashed potatoes. I don't know of anyone who doesn't. I've made regular mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed Idaho and sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes with celery root, mashed potatoes with pumpkin, plain mashed cauliflower, and now this. This is by far my new favorite!

Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers - www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

My husband feels the same way about mashed potatoes as I do. He loves them. The night I first made these cauliflower and sweet potato mashers, he couldn't say enough good things about them. When I asked him if he could and would eat these over regular mashed potatoes his resounding "YES" surprised me!

Last night we had steak and lobster tails (see what happens when he goes to the store for beer?) for dinner along with these mashers. They were the perfect accompaniment and balanced out the richness of the steak and lobster nicely. These Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers make you feel like your indulging in something sinful, but you're not. Unless of course you eat them with steak and lobster! What can I say?

Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers will satisfy your craving for mashed potatoes but without all those calories and carbs. - Kudos Kitchen by Renee

With only four simple ingredients, these are a healthy and gluten free way to eat your veggies and hide them from the kiddos all at the same time. I do hope you'll try them and tell me what you think.

CAULIFLOWER AND SWEET POTATO MASHERS   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}

1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup organic chicken broth (or your favorite chicken broth)
black pepper to taste

-Place the cauliflower and sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Boil until both the potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender. Drain.

-Add the butter, black pepper and chicken broth. Mash with a potato masher.

-Serve hot and enjoy!





Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Mashers - www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

Remember earlier when I was talking about all those other mashed potato dishes I'd made? Here are the links to a few of them that I think you'll also enjoy...

CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES -

http://www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com/2014/11/celery-root-mashed-potatoes.html

MASHED SWEET POTATO DONUTS - 

http://www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com/2014/09/mashed-sweet-potato-donuts-and.html

PUMPKIN MASH  - (This one is back from 2010 and the photos are horrible but the concept is delicious)

HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS - (made with mashed potatoes)

http://www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com/2012/07/homemade-cinnamon-rolls.html

Introducing Kudos Kitchen Paints now on Etsy. It's my line of quality hand painted glassware and custom aprons. Stop by sometime for a visit and I'll show you around :)


Have a delicious day!
Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , , ,