Tomato and Bacon Pasta with Mascarpone


Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon. It's wonderfully comforting, and super delicious!

Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon. - www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com



I have a confession to make. I have a mad passion for grocery stores. I especially love finding new ones that I've never shopped at before so I can peruse the aisles, and ponder all the possibilities.

Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon.

That's why when a huge new Italian market opened not far from where I live my heart started beating fast as I walked in the doors. With no list in hand I let my imagination guide me through the rows and rows of wonderfully authentic Italian ingredients and let my nose guide me through the deliciously prepared baked goods in the bakery department.

To say I was in heaven is an understatement.

Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon.

What I wound up with was an odd and random assortment of incredible goodies that I happily pulled off the shelves and stuck in my cart, all the while my mind whirling with ideas and inspiration.

Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon.

The result of that shopping trip is this Tomato and Bacon Pasta with Mascarpone which is topped with  a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprig of fresh basil that no doubt helps push the applause meater over the top on this creamy pasta dish.

TOMATO AND BACON PASTA WITH MASCARPONE    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Serves:  6-8        Prep and Cook Time:  20 minutes

1 medium red onion, finely minced
3 slices bacon, finely minced
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cans (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
½ cup mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ pound tiny pasta shapes (I used baby shells), cooked according to package directions, and drained.
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
Freshley grated Parmesan cheese to top
Fresh basil leaves to garnish

-White the pasta is cooking brown the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, anchovy paste and garlic. Cook until the onion is softened (approximately 2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.

-Drain the pasta and cover to keep warm.

-Stir the tomatoes, mascarpone, vinegar, salt and pepper into the skillet to combine. Add the sauce into the drained pasta and stir to incorporate all the ingredients.

-Spoon the pasta into bowls, top with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkling of fresly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprig or two of fresh basil leaves.

Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon.


Tiny shells of pasta are bathed in a smooth and creamy mascarpone tomato sauce that has just the slightest hint of bacon.

Guess what else I like to do (besides cooking and baking that is)? Paint! But if you've been here before, you already know that. It is with my extreme pleasure that I now get to introduce you to a brand new product line I'm offering in my brand new Etsy shop.  They're custom painted aprons, and if you're a food blogger they are the perfect item to wear while your working on your recipes, and all the while advertising your brand at the same time.

Here's one I've painted for one of my favorite bloggers. Maybe you'll recognize it. I'd love to paint one for you too. If you're interested, please contact me, or visit my shop on Etsy for more details.

Hand Painted Food Blogger Aprons. Tie one on. - https://www.etsy.com/shop/KudosKitchenPaints

Chef Works butcher apron made from long wearing poly/cotton with soil release finish. The apron has reinforced stress points, adjustable neck closure. Extra long finish ties and center-divided patch pocket. Available in white only. 34-Inch length by 24-Inch width. Each apron is hand painted with bright, vivid colors and then heat set for durability, and washability.

Kudos Kitchen by Renee ~ Where, food, art, and fun collide on a regular basis!

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it!
Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , ,