Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway


Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway has only 5 ingredients and got two giant thumbs-up from my entire family of men.

Cremed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway Recipe - Kudos Kitchen by Renee

I took my inspiration for my dish of Creamed Caggabe with Bacon and Caraway from food blogger and book author, Molly Wizenberg.


I first learned of Molly from her book "A Homemade Life" which I read months ago. Molly's recipe for Cream Braised Green Cabbage has been lingering in my mind ever since.

If you're a lover of recipes, with delicious tales of family and life experiences behind them, then I can't recommend Molly's books highly enough. The stories she shares will feed your soul, inspire you greatly, and leave you hungry for more.

Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway Recipe - Kudos Kitchen by Renee

I made this the other night when I was looking for a side dish to accompany some leftover German Beef Rouladen that I had made earlier in the week.

Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway comes together in only a matter of minutes and is the perfect side dish to accompany your corned beef this St. Patrick's Day, or any day for that matter.

Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway Recipe - Kudos Kitchen by Renee

CREAMED CABBAGE WITH BACON AND CARAWAY   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Servings:  6-8          Prep Time: 7-10 minutes       Cook Time:  15 minutes

1 medium head of cabbage, cored and shredded
4 slices bacon, diced
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 teaspoon caraway seeds
3 tablespoons heavy cream

-In a large pot over medium/high heat, cook the bacon until just shy of crisp (approximately 5 minutes). Add in the shredded cabbage, onion and caraway seeds. Stir well.

-Reduce the heat to medium and cover. Cook until the cabbage wilts down to about half in volume (approximately 10-12 minutes).

-Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Heat through. Serve immediately.

Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway Recipe - Kudos Kitchen by Renee

I'm pairing this recipe for Creamed Cabbage with Bacon and Caraway with this set of Floral Basket wine glasses. I'm considering this my official (and long overdue) welcome to spring! Yay!

Floral Basket Hand Painted Wine Glasses - Kudos Kitchen by Renee
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome and I will happily work with you for any design you have in mind.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

I'm thrilled to be linking this post to Tidy Mom's spring linky party. Thanks so much!

Until we eat again,



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,