Good Luck Black-Eyed Salsa

Serve this Good Luck Black-Eyed Salsa on New Year's day and your year ahead will be filled with good luck, good health and great taste!
Good Luck Black-Eyed Salsa Recipe

HAPPY 2015 EVERYBODY!!! Here's wishing you a wonderful new year that is filled with love, laughter, good luck and plenty of healthy eating, along with fun, physical activity (sorry about that last part, but it's my new year's resolution and I'm pumped and ready to reach my goals)!


But back to the recipe...

From what I understand, black-eyed peas are said to represent coins and money which is why they represent good luck. Naturally I had to whip up and share this recipe for Good Luck Black-Eyed Salsa. I don't know anybody who would turn down a little extra good luck at the beginning of a new year (or any time for that matter).

Good Luck Black-Eyed Salsa Recipe

To make this recipe quick and easy, I decided to use canned black-eyed peas as well as prepared salsa. If you prefer the taste and texture of dried and reconstituted black-eyed peas and homemade salsa, please be my guest and go for it.

This recipe starts 2015 off on the right foot. It's super delicious, low in calories, high in fiber, high in complex carbohydrates, it's gluten-free, high in protein and its no-cook! See? I told you this was a good luck recipe :)

GOOD LUCK BLACK-EYED SALSA    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 1 ½ cups     Prep Time: 5 minutes

1 can (15.5 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup prepared salsa (your favorite brand and heat level)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from ½ large lime)
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
pinch salt and pepper
½ teaspoon roasted ground cumin

-Place all the ingredients into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
-Serve at room temperature or chilled along with some tortilla chips or pita chips for dipping.



I so look forward to New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. In our home, we have a few traditions we follow without exception. The first one is the one I'm most excited to show and tell you about. You can find it here from when I blogged about it in 2010. It's my favorite and one that I encourage you to try. After all, if it works for us...it will work for you too ;)



I'd also like to share with you my recipe for Celebration Mimosas, which are great fun to sip on the morning of New Year's day.


At this time, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for following along and reading my blog. It truly means a lot to me, and I appreciate it more than you know. I hope I've given you content that you can use and become inspired by day after day. I very much look forward to bringing you new recipes, posts and Woof Wednesdays in the coming year.

Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,