Custom Hawaiian Wedding Invitation Themed Wine Glasses

These custom Hawaiian wedding wine glasses and champagne flutes are extra special because they were painted to mimic the couple's destination themed wedding invitations.
Custom Hawaiian Wedding Invitation Wine Glasses via

I'm always a little apprehensive when I know that what I'm painting (and the reason for it) will hold such a treasured place in someones heart. This order was no exception.

When the client emailed me the photo of Allison and Myles' wedding invitation that she wanted me to paint on 4 wine glasses and 4 champagne flutes needless to say, I was excited. The design seemed straight forward enough at first, but the more looked at the invitation, the more nervous I got.

Working from a photo copy works wonderfully well for me, but I can't tell you how many times I actually picked up this paper to turn it over to see what the front of the invitation looked like. Duh. Not possible silly. This is only a copy! If only I had the actual invitation I would feel a little more confident in the direction that I'd take the glasses.

I thought, I pondered, and I pictured in my mind the best way to design these glasses along with the colors that I felt would be the most attractive. I decided that I'd focus my design on the stylized leaves and orchids in the corners of the invitation. I also decided to paint the base of the glasses with the same tan color that can be found on the far left hand side of the invitation.

I wanted the design to flow and look romantic so first up were the vines the swirl around the glasses.
In design, sometimes the blank space can be just as intrigal (if not more) then the filled areas. I needed to keep this in mind as I swirled my vines. From above and below (not shown), my vines need to have movement!

From there, I added the couple's names in a light green hue to the base of each glass, which is a similar font as their invitation. Of course, this is my way of stalling on the rest of the design as I work up my nerve to paint the leaves and the orchids. LOL

At this point I also start the process of dotting the bases and also the tip of each bowl, which I like to call my "signature" move. Seriously though, I need to figure something else out as my "signature" move because it's simply a dotted border, and something that anyone can do (but you didn't hear it from me)!

A second accent color (a dark, hunter green) is added to their names, and to the dots surrounding the base. As you can see, the darker accent color really makes their names pop and become more visible.

Once dried, I'm ready to move on to the bowl of the glasses. Let's start with painting of all the multi- little leaves on the single stem. The painting on each glass is totally random as each glass speaks directly to with each having its own voice.

From there I paint on the larger leaves which incorporate the light and dark green hues in a random pattern that promotes movement and romance.

Custom Hawaiian Wedding Invitation themed wine glasses and champagne flutes via

Next comes the orchids. I first paint them in strictly white. After a second coat of paint, I come back with light green paint and do the simple details that gives them character and yet keeps them in line with the rest of the design.

Custom Hawaiian Wedding Invitation Themed wine glasses and champagne flutes via

A few extra details and then the dotted border on the bowl of each glass and they're complete. Whew!
The feeling of pride and accomplishment I have when I've completed an order that I've stressed over is so very rewarding. I can now breathe a sigh of relief and only hope that the customer feels the same way about them that I do...

Custom Hawaiian Wedding Invitation wine glasses and champagne flutes via

Custom Hawaiian Wedding Invitation Theme painted champagne flutes via
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders (like this one) are always welcome. I will happily work from any photo or description you send my way.

And now, to coordinate this post with a past recipe post, how about this one for: Frozen Chocolate Dipped Pineapple Pops? After all, who doesn't think of pineapple when they think of Hawaii?

Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Thanks for visiting me in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you've enjoyed your stay.

Until we paint again,

Labels: , , , , ,