Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas, Walnuts and Raisins

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Banana, Walnuts and Raisins is a flavorful and hearty breakfast that will stick with you all morning long.
Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Banana, Walnuts and Raisins Recipe

When I saw Cookin Canuck's recipe for Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Tart Cherries and Pepitas, I knew in a split second that I had to make it. I even tweeted Dara (or was it a Facebook comment?) telling her how good it looked and that I'd printed it and put it on my list to make ASAP.

A mere few days later had me whipping up Dara's baked steel cut oatmeal in my Kudos Kitchen. Naturally I needed to put my personal spin on it to make it my own. Since I had walnuts in my freezer, bananas on my counter, and raisins in my pantry, I ran with it and made my Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas, Walnuts and Raisins, with a wink and a nod to Dara.

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Banana, Walnuts and Raisins Recipe

The texture of this oatmeal is truly incredible. I love the heartiness that each spoonful transports to my waiting and hungry tummy knowing that it will be satisfied, with no more growling until lunchtime.

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Banana, Walnuts and Raisins Recipe

I like to pour additional almond milk over the top of mine before serving, along with a sprinkling of few extra raisins, but you be the judge as to how you're going to serve yours. Warm from the oven, this is one tasty and nutritious whole grain breakfast that you'll feel good about feeding your family!

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas, Walnuts and Raisins Recipe

As a special note, if you're not serving a large family with this, why not plan on making it early in the week (on or the weekend) and then you'll have it an easy no-fuss breakfast all week long.

BAKED STEEL CUT OATMEAL WITH BANANAS, WALNUTS AND RAISINS
Servings: 8-10     Prep Time: 10 minutes    Bake Time: 60 minutes
{PRINT THIS RECIPE}

3/4's cup steel cut oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grount nutmeg
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/3'd cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-In a large bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the raisins and walnuts. Stir to comebine. Set aside.
-In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, agave, melted coconut oil, maple extract, vanilla extract, egg and bananas.
-Pour the almond milk mixture into the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
-Pour the mixutre into an 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
-Bake in a preheated oven until the oatmeal golden brown and set in the middle (about 60 minutes).
-Allow to cool slightly and then spoon oatmeal into bowls and serve as desired.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mix the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together the mashed banana, almond milk, agave, coconut oil, egg and extracts.



Add the walnuts and raisins in with the dry ingredients. Stir the almond milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Pour the mixture into a prepared 8"x8" baking pan and bake until browned and set.





Cool the oatmeal slightly and then spoon into bowls to serve as desired. How about topping it with some additional banana slices? Additional walnuts? A drizzle of maple syrup? Or what about my way with a bit more almond milk and a few extra raisins? Yes please :)

Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Banana, Walnuts and Raisins Recipe

This Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Bananas,Walnuts and Raisins will stick to your ribs all morning long and right up until lunchtime! LOL
X-Ray Technician Painted Coffee Mug / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.wazala.com
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome and I can happily work from any photo or description you send my way.

Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!
Thanks for visiting me in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you've enjoyed your stay.

Until we eat again,





Labels: , , , , , , ,