Anything You Wish, Master!

Retro television shows like I Dream of Jeannie make for super fun conversation wine glasses. Start your collection today.
I Dream Of Jeannie Painted Wine Glass / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.wazala.com

It never fails that some of my favorite painted pieces come from customer special requests. I would have never dreamt that anyone would request an I Dream Of Jeannie wine glass, but that's what makes what I do so much fun. You just never know what people are going to ask for.

Back in the day, I used to be a big fan of the TV show I Dream of Jeannie. In my own mind, I had always wished that I had a little bottle that I could escape to when I wanted to hide from the world. And then with a blink of an eye, a nod of my head and a little trail of smoke, I could turn any unpleasant situation into something fun and enjoyable.

Oh, if only. Much like Samantha Stevens of Bewitched... but that's another glass, for another day. I hope! :)

Let's begin with Jeannie and her bottle on the beach...

The day I was painting this glass I was also painting some custom popcorn bowls which I'll show you on another day. Also, please don't mind my dirty paint towel. It was clean at one point, but what's the point?


Every single item I paint gets my signature on the bottom along with the year it was painted. I'm now going to have to get used to writing 2015 so that's not going to be easy ;)


Here's the start Jeannie's bottle. It's very helpful if clients send along photos to me of the design they most desire. The internet is a gigantic help for me and I use it all the time to reference images. I actually don't know of anyone who doesn't no matter what your profession.


Using similar colors, but not exact, the details of Jeannie's bottle home start taking shape and I'm starting to hear the theme music in my head.


Now it's Jeannie's turn. I start with her face and work from there. The thing I hope you'll notice is that I never work with projectors or with putting the design inside the glass and tracing over it. I work strictly from hand/eye coordination and the skill that many years of painting and practice have afforded me. Believe me, it's taken me plenty of time to get this comfortable with my work.


Jeannie's body is starting to take shape along with her harem outfit. I just have to make sure that I don't accidentally paint in her belly button...LOL. For those of you old enought to remember the show, you'll get the reference.

I Dream Of Jeannie Painted Wine Glass / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.wazala.com

And now for her hair and all the other details. What I remember most about Jeannie is her long, flowing ponytail. However, the image that was shared with me is one where her hair is up so that's what I paint. I apologize for the pictures that are blurry. Sometimes I have camera issues when I'm taking closeup photos and the lighting is harsh.


A hairband, arms, and feet. Jeannie has almost come to life.


You'll notice what a difference the painted black outline and the multicolor dotted border have on the completed design. It's a fine line (literally) between an almost finished piece and the completed product.

I Dream Of Jeannie Painted Wine Glass / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.wazala.com


Retro I Dream Of Jeannie Painted Wine Glass / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.wazala.com

If you've been here in the past, then you know that I usually coordinate my painted glassware to the recipe I've just shared. I think what I'll do now is something similar, but opposite. What about if I coordinate one of my recipes to the painted items I've just shared? Yes. I think that's a good idea!

After racking my brain trying to think of a recipe I've made that would be a good fit for an I Dream of Jeannie, I've come up with this recipe that I posted back in July of 2014 for Grilled Indian Naan Flat Bread. It's one of my favorites and is super simple to make and extra delicious when served along a nice glass of wine that is sipped out of an I Dream of Jeannie wine glass. LOL

Grilled Indian Naan Bread Recipe

If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome and I can happily work from any photo or description you send my way. Each item comes in its own gift box and each items is signed and dated.

Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!




Thanks for visiting me in my Kudos Kitchen. I've enjoyed spending time with you!
Until we paint again,

Labels: , , , ,