Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath with Dried Cherries and Pistachios

This Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath with Dried Cherries and Pistachios is as festive looking as it is delicious.
Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath Appetizer with Dried Cherries and Pistachios

I made this Goat Cheese Wreath with Dried Cherries and Pistachios to bring to the annual Christmas party that my aunt and uncle have been hosting for as long as I can remember.


My aunt always puts out an incredible array of appetizers that she starts making weeks before the party. She is an amazing cook and someone who has inspired me in a big way when it comes to cooking and being creative in the kitchen. It's only been the past few years that my aunt started asking that people contribute to the holiday appetizer spread, and I couldn't  be happier to oblige.

Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath Appetizer with Dried Cherries and Pistachios

If you're a regular reader here, then you know by now that I like to come up with my own personal spin on recipes. For whatever reason, I can't follow a recipe to save my life. I'm pretty sure it's my creative spirit that always has me trying to come up recipes and ideas that have never been seen before, which is nearly impossible these days with the amount of food blogs, cooking sites and foodies there are in the world.

This wreath however is something I've never seen before, and I even did a Google search before I made it to find out if anything like it had ever been done. I'm pretty sure it hasn't, and if it has, whoever made one like it before me is pure genius! LOL

Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath Appetizer with Dried Cherries and Pistachios

This wreath may look complicated to make but in all actuality it's very simple and only takes a matter of minutes to assemble, and only takes 5 ingredients. Plus, it can be made in advance, so that makes this appetizer a hostesses' dream come true when it comes to preparing for the party.

What's that? You're not a fan of goat cheese? No problem. Just substitute cream cheese for the goat cheese in the recipe, and you're good to go. If using cream cheese, the wreath will be slightly sweeter flavor whereas the goat cheese has a creamy and mild tanginess which pairs wonderfully well with the sweetness of the dried cherries and the wonderful flavor of the pistachios.

GOAT CHEESE CHRISTMAS WREATH WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND PISTACHIOS
Makes: 1 - 10" wreath        Prep Time: 20 minutes
{PRINT THIS RECIPE}

2 logs (10 ounces each) goat cheese, at room temperature
1 ½ cups dried cherries, chopped, plus additional for garnish (optional)
1 ½ cups pistachios, chopped, plus additional for garnish (optional)
pinch pepper
1 cup chopped fresh parsley

-In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl with a wooden spoon, mix together the first 4 ingredients.
-Shape the mixture into a long log on a piece of plastic wrap.
-Press the chopped parsley into the cheese on all sides expect the bottom.
-Wrap the log with the plastic wrap and chill for 10 minutes.
-Work the log into a circle shape, pressing and pinching where needed to make a wreath shape.
-Place the wreath (non-parsley side down) on a serving platter and reform the wreath if needed after the transfer.
-Garnish the inside of the wreath with additional cherries and pistachios (if desired) and press a red bow in the cheese.
-Serve with assorted crackers and or bread sticks.








Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath Appetizer with Dried Cherries and Pistachios

Goat Cheese Christmas Wreath Appetizer with Dried Cherries and Pistachios

          Merry Munching Everybody!

I've happily linked up this post to Foodie Friends Friday over at Cindy's Recipes and Writings.

Until we eat again,


Labels: , , , , , , , ,