Healthy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter

Roasted peanuts and raw cashews combine in this delicious Healthy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter spread. A touch of raw honey, salt and macadamia oil takes it beyond fabulous!
Healthy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter

I've been using raw cashews a lot lately. I like to grind them up in my smoothies, add them into my yogurt in the morning, and eat them by the handful at times when I want something quick and nutritious but don't feel like taking the time to make something.

Raw cashews may take a little getting used to, especially if you're familiar with (and love) the salted, roasted kind that come in jars and cans. Cashews are the ones I always pick out from a bowl of mixed nuts...and next come the pecans. You don't want to set me next to a container of mixed nuts because whoever comes after me will only see peanuts and filberts left in the bowl. Yes, I'm one of those annoying people, and as much as I try, I can't seem to help myself. Maybe now that I've confessed my problem in public, I can get some help. Maybe.

Healthy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter

But back to raw cashews. If you've never eaten them, you'll find you'll love their mellow flavor just as much as the roasted, salted kind (once you're able to appreciate them for what they are) and in addition you'll reap all their amazing health benefits.

Healthy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter

I decided to combine my raw cashews along with some roasted, salted peanuts for a depth of flavor you wouldn't get with cashew or peanut butter alone. In addition I added some raw honey for a touch of sweetness and a small bit of macadamia oil to help make it creamy and unique. The results were utterly delicious and made a great spread for slathering on bread or to be spread on some celery sticks for the ultimate in a healthy, crunchy and satisfying snack.

Makes: 2 cups  

2 cups raw cashews
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts (or your favorite kind)
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon macadamia oil

-Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. *Note - If you like your nut butters creamier, feel free to add a little more macadamia oil.

Healthy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter

I sincerely hope that you'll try this recipe for Heatlhy Honey Cashew Peanut Butter. It really is out-of-this-world delicious! Space: The final frontier!

Star Trek Inspired Painted Rocks Glass
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome and I can work from any photo or description you send my way.
LOL Sorry, I know that was a reach as far as coordinating a recipe and one of my glassware items but sometimes a girls got to do what a girls got to do!

Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , , ,