Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies

These Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe cookies are pillowy soft with a deep, rich chocolate flavor and cool minty freshness.
Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

Chocolate. Who doesn't love it? I do, but I'm not especially a slave to it...until there is mint involved. Then, I'm all over it! These Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies do it for me, and I'm happy to report they did it for the people at my husband's work too.

 The past few years I've not done as much holiday cookie baking as I had in the past. While I've always enjoyed it, I didn't feel the need to have all those extra tempting calories around the house just because it was a fun time in the kitchen.

Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com


This year, however, I plan to do a lot more cookie baking (and cookie recipe sharing here on the blog) because it IS fun to bake (and share). And if that's not a good enough reason to tie on my cookie baking apron, I don't know what is.

Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

And, just because I bake them, doesn't mean I have to eat them all like in year's past, right? That's why this year I'll be sharing cookies with anyone and everyone I can, including friends, family, neighbors, and work associates. After all, the holidays are a time of sharing and caring and what better way then through food...namely cookies :)

Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

Now, that doesn't mean that I won't be sampling any holiday cookies this year, quite the contrary. After all, it's all in the name of quality control *wink, wink*. It's just that I/we won't have dozens upon dozens of cookies around the house, and in the freezer to tempt us needlessly from November until well into 2015!


DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CREME DE MENTHE COOKIES  {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 60 -64 cookies        Prep Time: 10 minutes         Bake time: 17 minutes

1 stick butter, softened (I always use salted, but unsalted works well too)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 package Andes creme de menthe mini candy pieces (or other mint flavored chips)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon shortening

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown and granulated sugars until light and fluffy.
-Beat in the cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla and canola oil until well combined.
-Slowly beat in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix until just combined.
-Gently beat in the mint chips until thoroughly combined.
-Use your hands to roll the dough into golf ball sized cookies and place them on parchment lined baking sheets (16 per sheet).
-Bake in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets half way through the baking.
-Remove the baked cookies to a wire rack to completely cool before drizzling them with chocolate.
-In a microwave safe bowl, melt the semi-sweet morsels and the shortening on low heat, stirring until completely melted.
-Use a fork, or place the melted chocolate in a piping bag, and drizzle the cooled cookies with the melted chocolate.
-Serve and enjoy.

Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

Double Chocolate Creme De Menthe Cookies / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

And since we're talking cookies, what goes better with cookies than a nice mug of hot chocolate or milk? Santa sure will appreciate it if you leave him a plate of these cookies and cold glass of milk or cup of hot chocolate to go along with them.

Santa inspired "I Believe" hand painted coffee mug
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome. All of my items come in their own gift boxes and are dishwasher safe.

Santa inspired "I Believe" hand painted coasters
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , , ,