Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew

Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew is quick and easy to make.

Personally, I tend to enjoy a stew a little bit more than a soup. I think it's because, with a soup, the broth can sometimes dribble down my chin and be rather annoying. Of course, if I'd slow down and take my time, that probably wouldn't happen...but let's be realistic. LOL This recipe for Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew is thick and hearty with a wonderful flavor that will keep your spoon (or fork) moving quickly. Is it so wrong?


The inspiration for this stew comes from a box of carrot ginger soup I'd picked up in the grocery store on a whim. As I browsed the aisles store trying to decide how I'd use it, I came to the deli department of the store. As luck would have it, they had just brought out their rotisserie chickens. The aroma was heavenly, and I was immediately struck with the idea to build a stew around the chicken and the soup. The result is this recipe that I made that same evening.

Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew is fast and delicious.

Here are a few step-by-step photos of the making of this stew. The recipe follows.

Sauté onion, carrots, celery in the olive oil a large stock pot. Add bay leaves and wine. Stir in the rotisserie chicken.




Stir in the sage, thyme leaves, chicken broth, carrot ginger soup, ginger paste and water. Simmer, uncovered to reduce (about 10 minutes).





Stir in the egg noodles and simmer uncovered until the stew is thickened and the noodles are tender.




CARROT AND GINGER CHICKEN NOODLE STEW   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Servings: 8-10       Prep Time: 15 minutes         Cook Time: 25 minutes

2 rotisserie chickens, meat and skin removed; set meat aside and discard the bones and skin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large sweet onion, medium diced
4 large carrots, peeled and medium diced
3 celery stalks, medium diced
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 - 32 ounce carton low sodium chicken broth
2 cups carrot ginger soup (I used Pacific brand)
2 teaspoons ginger paste (found in the produce department)
1 cup water
12 ounces dried egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter

-In a large stock pot over medium/high heat, sauté the onion, carrots, celery, salt and pepper in the olive oil, approximately 5 minutes.
-Add the bay leaves and stir in the wine.
-Add the chicken meat.
-Stir in the sage, thyme, chicken broth, carrot ginger soup, ginger paste and water.
-Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
-Remove the bay leaves.
-Reduce the heat to low and stir in the egg noodles. Simmer stirring occasionally until the noodles are tender and the stew has reduced and thickened (approximately 12-15 minutes)
 *Note - If you'd like a more soup like consistency, add more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
-Stir in 2 tablespoons butter to finish and serve hot.

Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew / www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

Carrot and Ginger Chicken Noodle Stew Recipe

This stew is one of our new favorites and it's one I'm looking forward to making all during the cold winter months. It's quick, easy and extra tasty!!! I hope you've enjoyed this recipe as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to you!

And now for a little something fun just in time for Halloween! Cheers to good food, good drink and some really cute glasses :)

Hand painted jack-o-lantern wine glass set
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome. I can work from any photo or description you care to share.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,


Labels: , , , , ,