Golden Oatmeal and Macadamia Nut Cookie Bars

Golden Oatmeal and Macadamia Nut Cookie Bar Recipe

It has been a long time since I made any sort of cookie bar so I thought it was high time that I changed that with these Golden Oatmeal and Macadamia Nut Cookie Bars.


My family always enjoys when I add white chocolate chips into my oatmeal cookies so I thought I'd really kick these bars up a notch or two (and knock their socks off in the process) by also adding some chopped macadamia nuts and toffee chips into these golden cookie bars. Is it so wrong? LOL

These Golden Oatmeal and Macadamia Nut Cookie bars are chewy, crunchy, salty and sweet...everything you love in a cookie bar (or at lease I hope you do)! *Note - these are excellent with ice cream so make sure you have some on hand and add a big scoop on the top of one...or two :)

Golden Oatmeal and Macadamia Nut Cookie Bar Recipe

GOLDEN OATMEAL AND MACADAMIA NUT COOKIE BARS  {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 36-2" bars     Prep Time: 10 minutes       Bake Time:  45-50 minutes

1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
½ cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ cup honey
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
1 package (1 1/3 cups) toffee bits, divided

-Preheat oven to 350°
-Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by spraying with baking spray. Set aside.
-In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, blend together the brown sugar and butter until fully incorporated.
-Beat in the eggs, vanilla and honey until blended.
-With the mixer on low, oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
-Blend in the, white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and 1 cup of the toffee bits until just incorporated.
-Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread the batter evenly, corner to corner.
-Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 toffee chips over the top of the batter.
-Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 45-50 minutes or until the bars are golden and when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
-Cool completely on a wire rack and cut into bars to serve.

Want to see how they're made? Check out the step-by-step photos:

Cream together the sugar, butter. Then add the eggs, vanilla and honey.



Blend in the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, salt,


Blend in the white chocolate, macadamia nuts and 1 cup of the toffee bits (saving 1/3 for topping). Spread the batter evenly into a prepared 9x13 baking pan.



Sprinkle the the remaining toffee bits and bake until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars.



There now. That was easy, wasn't it??? To see a whole lot more delicious cookie recipes, please click on the food category in the navigation bar and from there, click on cookies.

And, what's better than a big old glass of cold milk to wash down a delicious cookie or cookie bar...?
How about a big old glass of cold milk in a hand painted school-of-your-choice everyday glass or tumbler? I tell you what...what about you make the cookie bars, and I'll paint the glasses? Win, win :)

College logo painted everyday glasses
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop which is located within the navigation bar. Custom orders are always welcome, and I can work from any photo or description you send my way. 
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Thanks for visiting me in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you've enjoyed today's recipe.
Until we bake again,






Labels: , , , , , , , ,