Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine

What do you do when you have leftover homemade Alfredo sauce in the fridge? If you're anything like me, you make Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine. Trust me. It was a deliciously good call!

Just last week I shared with you my recipe for Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pizza with homemade Alfredo Sauce (the recipe is at the bottom of the post). I mentioned that with that recipe you'll end up with about 1 cup of leftover Alfredo sauce that you'll want to save for another use, which is how I came up with this recipe for Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine.

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine

See? I don't just talk the talk...I also walk the walk and want to help you make delicious dishes with the use of ingredients you may already have on hand in your included. Yes, I'm helpful like that :)

As I was stirring the Alfredo sauce and cheese into the cooked macaroni, a quick taste made me realize that it needed a little something to cut through all the rich cheese. The remedy to that was adding a little white wine, which was the ticket to bring this Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese from good to epic! I honestly thought my son, Greg would balk at the wine addition (since he's the true mac and cheese lover of our family), but he never even mentioned that he noticed it, and he returned time and again to fill his plate. If he did, it certainly got his approval. If he didn't, it still got his full approval.

Yield: 1 large casserole dish    Prep Time:  15-20 minutes       Bake Time: 40 minutes

1 box elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions, drained, and kept warm.
1 cup prepared Alfredo Sauce (recipe follows)
3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup grated asiago cheese
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Add the prepared Alfredo Sauce, 2 cups of the cheddar cheese, the asiago cheese and white wine to the warm pasta.
-Add the pepper and stir well to combine.
-Adjust seasoning if needed and add 1/2 teaspoon of a salt if required.
-Pour the macaroni and cheese into a prepared 2-3 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
-Top the macaroni and cheese with the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
-Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.

Yield: 1 cup      Prep Time: 5 minutes     Cook Time: 5 minutes

3 tablespoons butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup milk
3 ounces Parmesan cheese
pinch black pepper

-In a small saucepan, melt the butter and cream cheese.
-Stir in the garlic powder, milk, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
-Cook, stirring occasionally until it's thick and creamy.

Stir the Alfredo sauce, 2 cups of cheddar and the asiago thoroughly into the warm macaroni.

Stir in the wine and black pepper. Pour the contents into a prepared casserole dish and top with additional cheddar cheese. Bake for 40 minutes and serve.

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine

Better grab your plate and a big fork because the Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine is ready!

Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with White Wine

I've decided to coordinate this luscious and comforting macaroni and cheese dish with my "Gone With The Wind" inspired painted wine glass. Why, you ask? Well, because of the color actually (the orange on the glass is supposed to depict Tara burning). Sometimes my food and painted glass pairings are more of a stretch than others, so I appreciate you giving me a little leeway in that department when needed! Thank you all so much for humoring me :)

Gone With The Wind painted wine glass via
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop. Custom orders are always welcome, and I can work from any photo or description you send my way.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Thanks for visiting me here in my Kudos Kitchen! I really appreciate it!
Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , ,