Root Beer Flavored Ice Cream


My dad is a major root beer lover! Floats, pop, candy barrels, Popsicle's, and hopefully now... ice cream. I made this Root Beer Flavored Ice Cream specifically for my dad, for Father's Day. I hope he loved it. I know we did, and quite honestly my dad is actually very lucky that I was able to save any of his ice cream from the hungry wolves here at our house after it was made in order to gift it to him at all :)

So grab your spoon and get ready. This ice cream tastes just like a root beer float, minus the straw and foam, which I know are a lot of fun, but this is serious business people! We've got root beer flavored  ice cream to eat!!! LOL



ROOT BEER FLAVORED ICE CREAM    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Makes: half a gallon

2 cups heavy cream
3 cups whole milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup root beer extract (I used Zatarain's)
pinch of salt

-In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the cream and milk on low speed.
-Add in the remaining ingredients and gradually increase the speed to medium. Whisk about 3-5 minutes to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
-Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufactures instructions to freeze.
-Eat at once for soft serve or transfer to a covered container and freeze again to form a firmer ice cream.


I scream, you scream, we all scream for more ice cream....Well then, try these other recipes...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:


Vanilla Malted Ice Cream with White Chocolate Chips:


Maple Pistachio Ice Cream:


Berry Delicious Frozen Greek Yogurt:


I hope those ice cream and frozen yogurt selections have made you happy. No, really! :)

Grumpy Cat Painted Wine Glass via kudoskitchenbyrenee.com
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop which is located within the navigation bar. Custom orders are always welcome, and I can work from any photo or description you send my way.
Kudos Kitchen by Renée ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , ,