Shrimp Fra'Diavolo with Broccoli Kudos Kitchen Style - #SRC

Shrimp Fra-diavolo with Broccoli Recipe via Kudos Kitchen by Renee

Panic set in....Oh, crud! At 6:00 p.m. last night, I ran outside in the backyard, heart racing, and set up my little table with my styled plate of food. I started snapping away on my camera. I knew the light was crummy, but what could I do? Somehow, someway I got my weeks messed up (it actually happens more times than I care to admit). I thought I had another week to get my Secret Recipe Club #SRC post finished and to get the photos taken but, I was wrong. It's due tomorrow and the last thing I want to do is disappoint my scheduled blog for this month Fried Ice and Donut Holes. I just couldn't bare it!

Believe it or not, when I was assigned the blog Fried Ice and Donut Holes for May's #SRC secret reveal, I went immediately to Melissa's blog and chose my recipe (which wasn't that easy to do because there are so, so many I loved, and wanted to try). After much debate, I finally settled upon Melissa's Shrimp Fra-Diavolo and made it within the same week. Fast forward to today, I'm glad nobody ate the container in the fridge marked "SAVE", or otherwise I'd really be up a creek without a paddle. LOL

Shrimp Fra'diavolo Recipe via Kudos Kitchen by Renee

I did make some adaptations to Melissa's original recipe to make it my own, like adding some fresh broccoli to make it a complete meal. The results were delicious!

Shrimp Fra-Diavolo Recipe via Kudos Kitchen by Renee

Fra-Diavolo means "spicy brother" so even though I did make my own changes, I made sure to keep the dish spicy, hot. Not enough to scare you away, or burn the taste buds off your tongue. Just enough to keep you on your toes and awake enough to know what day it is! HaHa. I think I need another helping :)

SHRIMP FRA'DIAVOLO KUDOS KITCHEN STYLE   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Serves: 4-6       Prep Time:  15 minutes        Cook Time: 15 minutes

1 pound farfalle pasta
2 pounds large, uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 bunch broccoli florets (about 4 cups)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 large shallots, minced
2 cups prepared salsa (I used medium heat)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese for topping if desired

-Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Keep warm.
-In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the shrimp and broccoli in 2 tablespoons olive oil until the broccoli is softened and the shrimp are opaque and pink. Season with salt and pepper.
-Add the shallots and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
-Stir in the salsa and the red pepper flakes.
-Toss the shrimp and broccoli with the cooked pasta.
-Plate and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.

Thanks for the recipe Melissa. We really enjoyed it and I hope that you don't mind the changes I made :)


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   




Labels: , , , , , ,