Prosciutto, Melon and Provolone Grilled Cheese

Prosciutto, Melon and Provolone Grilled Cheese Recipe via Kudos Kitchen By Renee

With April being national grilled cheese month, I wanted to come up with a sandwich that was both unusual and special. When I told my husband that I was going to make Prosciutto, Melon and Provolone Grilled Cheese sandwiches, he was less than thrilled...he even said they sounded "gross".

Fast forward to about a half an hour after he'd uttered that word, and we were sitting down to lunch. I eyed him suspiciously as he bravely started eating.

I waited patiently....

"WELL?" I asked. "What do you think???"

"I'm thinking it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be." he said. "I thought the melon would turn into a mushy mess but it actually held its texture better than I thought it was going to." "I like it" he said. "I think I'll have another."   Needless to say, I was a happy camper :)

Prosciutto, Melon and Provolone Grilled Cheese Recipe via Kudos Kitchen By Renee


PROSCIUTTO, MELON AND PROVOLONE GRILLED CHEESE   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 4 sandwiches    Prep Time:  10 minutes     Cook Time: 10 minutes

8 slices of your favorite firm bread (I used Brownberry Italian bread)
4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
16 sliced smoked provolone (4 per sandwich)
16 slices prosciutto (4 per sandwich)
16 - 1/2" slices of cantaloupe (4 per sandwich)
4 teaspoons honey, divided

-Butter one side of each slice of bread. Set 4 aside.
-Place 4 slices of bread, butter side down, on a tray.
-Place 2 slices of the provolone on each slice of bread.
-Top the provolone with 2 slices of prosciutto each.
-Top the prosciutto with 4 slices of cantaloupe each.
-Drizzle 1 teaspoon honey on top of the melon on each sandwich.
-Top the melon and honey with two more slices of prosciutto.
-Top the prosciutto with 2 more slices of provolone.
-Top the provolone with the buttered bread, butter side up.
-In a large skillet over medium heat, cook until the bread is browned and the cheese has begun to melt.
-Flip and cook and brown the sandwich on the other side.
-Slice in half and serve immediately.


And, speaking of prosciutto...Here's a little piggy trivet you just might enjoy. Oink! Oink! :)

Piggy trivet
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop which is located within the navigation bar. Custom orders are always welcome. I can work from any photo or description you send my way.
Kudos Kitchen By ReneƩ ~ Where food, art and fun collide on a regular basis.

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , ,