Slow Cooker Beef with Peppers, Onions and Dill


Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Slow Cooker Beef with Peppers, Onions and Dill Recipe

The thing that really stood out to me while this Slow Cooker Beef with Peppers, Onions and Dill was cooking was the wonderful aroma of beef and dill married together with the sweet bell peppers. The longer it cooked, the hungrier I became.


While beef and dill might not seem like a natural combination to some of you, to me it hints at something that my German ancestors might have cooked low and slow on the stovetop or in the oven from a time long ago. Luckily for us in the age the slow cooker it does the exact same thing as oven or stovetop cooking only with less fuss and no babysitting required.

I adapted this recipe slightly from one I found in the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook which had me drooling at the photo. We really enjoyed the rich and tender beefy taste of this dish with the peppers, onions and dill gravy adding just the right kick to make it something truly delicious.

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Slow Cooker Beef with Peppers, Onions and Dill Recipe

As you can tell by the above photo, I served mine over mashed potatoes, but I know this would be as equally delicious over egg noodles, rice or maybe even polenta. Gosh that sounds good. I need to make this again right away :)

SLOW COOKER BEEF WITH PEPPERS, ONIONS AND DILL   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Serves: 6-8      Prep Time: 15 minutes     Cook Time: 6-8 hours on high

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 boneless beef sirloin (1 1/2 pounds)
salt and pepper to taste
1 large onion, cut into chunks
2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
16 ounces of low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried dill weed

-Season the beef with salt and pepper on both sides.
-In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the beef in the canola oil on both sides.
-Place half of the onions and peppers in the bottom of a slow cooker.
-Place the browned beef on top of the onions and peppers and cover the beef with the remaining onions and peppers.
-Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and dill weed.
-Cover and set the cooker to high. Cook for 6-8 hours until the meat is fall apart tender.
-Remove the beef and slice it across the grain.
-Spoon the onion/pepper gravy over the beef and serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, rice or polenta.

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Slow Cooker Beef with Peppers, Onions and Dill Recipe

Don't you just love a simple little recipe that's got a lot of sass and spunk? Kind of like the olive oil bottle I've paired to go with this particular recipe. Boop-Boop-A-Doop! Yes, I know I'm reaching here, but you can't blame a girl for trying, right? LOL

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Betty Boop Painted Olive Oil Bottle
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop which is located in the navigation bar. Custom orders are always welcome and I can work from any description or photo you send my way.

Kudos Kitchen By ReneƩ ~ Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,


Labels: , , , , ,