Oven Roasted Potato Slices

Oven Roasted Potato Slices Recipe

This is a variation of a side dish I call "Greg's Potatoes" that I've never posted before, but have always meant to. If you're interested in seeing what "Greg's Potatoes" look like, you can check them out here surrounding the Dill Pickle Meatloaf, which, by the way, is another wonderful recipe in and of itself, so you urge you to check that out while you're there.

But, I digress... back to the Oven Roasted Potato Slices.

Even though the month of January, in any given new year, is all about eating healthy, sometimes you just have to make the men in your household happy be serving some crispy, browned potatoes. What can qualify this recipe as "healthier" however is that you only need one of two of the slices on your plate (and not the whole potato). You'll not feel at all deprived and yet you'll get to enjoy them just like everybody else does. Everything in moderation.

The difference between these Oven Roasted Potato Slices and "Greg's Potatoes" is the slicing, and that's about it. While "Greg's Potatoes" are sliced in half lengthwise, oiled all over, seasoned, and placed cut side down on a baking sheet to roast at a high temperature. Oven Roasted Potato Slices are cut into 1/2" slices, width-wise, oiled all over, seasoned on both sides and placed on a baking sheet to roast at a high temperature until golden and yummy, flipped, and then roasted some more. Not a big difference, but a difference that makes a big difference :)

What I might also suggest you do with these Oven Roasted Potato Slices, in order to jazz them up, is to top them with shredded cheeses, sour cream and some green onion slices... calories be damned! LOL

Prep Time:  5 minutes      Bake Time: 20-25 minutes

3-4 medium sized Idaho potatoes, washed, dried and sliced, width-wise, into 1/2" slices
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper
garlic powder

-Preheat oven to 450 degrees
-Lay the slices of potato on a baking sheet (I foil line my baking sheet, but that's optional)
-Brush the slices with the oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
-Flip the slices over and repeat the process on the flip side.
-Place the potatoes in the oven and about half way through the cooking, flip them over and continue to roast so both sides are browned and crisp. *Note - every oven is different, so check on the potatoes to make sure they're not cooking too fast or too slowly. You're looking for each side to be golden brown so they can be easily be flipped. If they're sticking to the baking sheet, they're not ready and you need to adjust your cooking time slightly.
-Serve plain or with toppings.

Go on and grab one (or two). You know you want to :)

Oven Roasted Potato Slices Recipe

The painted items I've chosen to share with this post today is this set of four masala inspired wine glasses that I designed for a customer to coordinate with a platter she already owned. The design reminds me of the napkin I'd used for the background of the Oven Roasted Potato Slices, so that's why I chose them. Plus, they're still some of my very favorite wine glasses I've painted, to date.

Masala Inspired Painted Wine Glasses
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please contact me or visit my shop. I can work from any description or photo you send my way. Custom orders are always welcome!

Kudos Kitchen By ReneƩ ~ Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: ,