Blueberry Peach Pancakes

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Blueberry Peach Pancake Recipe

I've talked about it before, but it's worth talking about again. My family loves a good "breakfast-for-dinner" night. There is just something so warm and comforting to sitting down to a delicious breakfast at then end of a long, hard day.


I found this recipe for Blueberry Peach Pancakes in the Cooking Light cookbook called: "Lighten Up America". They just looked so delicious that I knew I'd have to make, and post, them to celebrate today being National Blueberry Pancake Day!  Whoop!

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Blueberry Peach Pancake Recipe

I did adapt the original recipe slightly from what was printed. Mostly because I needed to insure that I had enough pancakes leftover to photograph the next day, and more importantly, to feed my family of men who love their sweet breakfast foods. What I did was incorporate some sprouted wheat flour in with some of the all-purpose flour, and where the recipe called for granulated sugar, I substituted coconut palm sugar. But don't tell my family of men that part. What they don't know, won't hurt them. In fact, it just might help them! At least that's the plan :)

BLUEBERRY PEACH PANCAKES    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
Yield: 24-30  6" pancakes       Prep Time: 10 minutes        Cook Time:  15-20 minutes

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup sprouted wheat flour, optional (or, if not using, increase the all-purpose flour to 3 cups)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, optional
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons butter, melted (I use salted), plus additional butter to butter the skillet (if desired)
2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
1 1/2 cups frozen peaches, thawed and roughly chopped
fresh blueberries for garnish, optional
pure maple syrup

-In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, flax, baking powder and salt.
-Stir in the buttermilk, vanilla, eggs and 4 tablespoons melted butter to form a somewhat thick and lumpy batter.
-Gently fold in the thawed blueberries and the chopped peaches.
-Butter a large skillet (if desired) and over medium/high heat, spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet to form each pancake.
-Cook the pancakes approximately 1 minute. Once you see bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, it's time to flip and cook the other side of the pancake, approximately another 45-60 seconds.
-Remove the cooked pancakes to a oven safe platter and keep warm, uncovered, in a low oven while you continue cooking the rest of the pancakes.
-Serve the pancakes with additional thawed peaches, fresh blueberries and plenty of pure maple syrup.

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Blueberry Peach Pancake Recipe

These were some of the best pancakes I've ever made, and you'd never even know there were healthy ingredients in there unless you looked at the recipe! Now that's what I call a winner, winner, breakfast-for-dinner, dinner!

And to compliment these Blueberry Peach Pancakes ever so nicely is this pair of custom coffee mugs I painted a few years back for a customer whose granny runs a fruit farm and her nickname is Peaches. Can you think of a more perfect combo? I can't! Winner, winner, Blueberry Peach Pancakes for dinner!

Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Custom Painted Fruit Farm Coffee Mugs
If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me or visit my shop which is located in the navigation bar. Custom orders are always welcome and I can work from any description or photo you send my way.
Kudos Kitchen By ReneƩ ~ Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,



Labels: , , , , ,