Better Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Better Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe

I don't know anyone who's been to Red Lobster and hasn't fallen in love with their Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Come to think of it, that might be the reason that people actually go to Red Lobster in the first place!!

Having said that, I stumbled across a recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits by the popular food blogger: Brown Eyed Baker and figured I could do it one better. You know, put my own spin on them. Here then, is my adaptation to the popular Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I'm calling mine, Better Cheddar Bay Biscuits and I'll let you be the judge...


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
6 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 1 1/4 cups)
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup buttermilk
For the topping:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, black pepper and paprika.
-To the flour mixture, stir in the shredded cheddar and cream cheese.
-Stir in the buttermilk until just combined and forms a sticky dough.
-Drop the dough by full tablespoons full on parchment lined baking sheets.
-Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
-Meanwhile, combine the topping mixture of melted butter, garlic powder and parsley.
-Brush the tops of the baked biscuits with the melted butter and serve!

Did someone say lobster? LOL This is a tile I painted years ago that just seemed appropriate for this post, don't you think? Pass the butter please...

Lobster Chef painted ceramic tile
My hand painted tiles make excellent trivets as well as wonderful display pieces for your kitchen. If there is ever anything I can paint for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

              Kudos Kitchen By ReneĆ© ~ Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , ,