Savory Thanksgiving Pie

We've all heard that necessity is the mother of invention, so when I was left with a large amount of pumpkin mashed potatoes after making Potato Pumpkin Pierogi, my mother's instinct took over. With Thanksgiving being my favorite holiday of the year, I decided I'd try my hand a recreating a complete Thanksgiving dinner in a single pie plate. The result was a little bit sweet and a whole lot of savory, creamy and comforting!

Savory Thanksgiving Pie Recipe

Serves 6-8       Prep time: 30 minutes       Bake time: 20 minutes

1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 box dry Stove Top stuffing mix (I used the savory herb flavor)
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
3 cups leftover mashed potatoes (at room temperature)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

-In a medium size bowl, combine the ground turkey, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic, stuffing mix and the evaporated milk.

-Place the meat mixture into a pie plate that has been sprayed with olive oil and press the mixture evenly up the sides and on the bottom of the plate to form the crust.

-Par bake the unfilled crust in the oven for 20 minutes.

-In a large bowl, stir the leftover mashed potatoes and pumpkin puree thoroughly.

-Spoon the cranberries into the crust and spread it evenly on the bottom and up the sides.

-Top the cranberries with the mashed potato mixture and spread it over the pie, leaving the crust uncovered.

-Bake for 20 minutes.

-Top with the shredded cheese (if desired) and place the pie back into the oven until the cheese is melted.

-Allow the pie to sit and cool for about 10 minutes and then cut and serve.

Savory Thanksgiving Pie Recipe

In order to help you set a beautiful table for Thanksgiving and beyond, please check on my online shop. Custom orders are always welcome and every item is completely hand painted by me in my Kudos Kitchen, dishwasher safe and non-toxic....Cheers to that!

Autumn Leaf and Pumpkin Painted Wine Glass

Autumn leaf and Pumpkin  painted serving pieces

Thanks for coming to visit me in my Kudos Kitchen ~ Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,