Delicious Dill Pickle Meatloaf

Dill Pickle Meatloaf Recipe

I got this recipe from my friend and fellow food blogger, Suzanne from Thru The Bugs On My Windshield!
Her blog is one of my favorites as it encompasses Suzanne's love for cooking, travel and photography. Plus Suzanne is one of the friendliest, funniest and wittiest people I know AND she has a heart about as big as her beloved state of Texas! I urge you to head on over to her blog and get to know her. You'll not be sorry!

The day I saw Suzanne's recipe for what she called "Mai's Ah-Mai-zing Dill Pickle Meatloaf" and she touted it as "THE best meatloaf in the 10 county area", I immediately hit the print button as I don't take Suzanne's recommendations lightly. Being a dill pickle lover myself and never having thought of putting them in a meatloaf before, I knew that this recipe would be as terrific as Suzanne said.

Can I tell you something? Suzanne was NOT kidding! This Dill Pickle Meatloaf has won my blue ribbon approval and in my opinion it would be a fabulous dinner for make for dad this Father's Day.

Of course, me being me, I adapted Suzanne's recipe slightly, and when I made it I doubled the ingredients to make a extra large loaf. The results were AH-MAZING! In fact, I'm already looking forward to the day I make it again.

As a side dish to this wonderful meatloaf, I also made my signature "Greg Potatoes" for which the recipe will follow in another post shortly. Today, it's all about the meatloaf!!!

DILL PICKLE MEATLOAF   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, grated with the juice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup dill pickle juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sleeves Saltine crackers, crushed (about 2 cups)
1 cup coarse chopped dill pickles
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
-Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
-Pat the meat mixture into a standard 9" x 5"  loaf pan that has been sprayed liberally with cooking spray.
-Bake the meatloaf for approximately 1 hour at 375 degrees and then reduce the heat to 350  degrees and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes. If the loaf gets too brown before the end of the baking time, cover the loaf with aluminum foil and continue baking. I should have done that, but didn't. Ah well.
-Allow to cool for about 15 minutes and then turn it out onto a serving platter, allow to cool for an additional 15 minutes (covered with foil) and then slice and serve.










As I mentioned, the taste of this meatloaf is good enough to win a blue ribbon and would be a real winner to serve to dad on his special day...along with a tall, frosty one of course :)

Father's Day Blue Ribbon Beer Pislner

Cheers to THE best tasting meatloaf I've made in a long, long time Suzanne. You were 100% correct!!!

BTW, if  any of you visiting here are interested in seeing more of my hand painted glass and tile times, please don't hesitate to click on the "Shop Now" button on the top of my site and have a look around. That would be super cool! Thanks!

Until we eat again!




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,