Apple Pie Cake #SRC

Apple Pie Cake Recipe

So, here we are again with our June installment of The Secret Recipe Club (#SRC for short). I hope you're all having a great summer so far and have been enjoying the long, lazy days that summer brings, and all the fun family and friend times out by the backyard BBQ. We are too... :)

This month I was assigned to the blog Beautiful Disasters where the owner, Casey's motto is,  "Mistakes Welcome!!" I love this no fear method to cooking and baking in the kitchen because it hopefully takes away any anxiety and fear that anyone might have about whipping up something fun and tasty in the kitchen. Sometimes it all works according to plan... and sometimes it doesn't...but, you know what?  It's all good! The main thing is you've tried and learned a lot in the process. Plus, I'll bet your mistakes taste pretty darned good too.  Win! Win!

But, getting back to the topic at hand, for June's #SRC assignment of Casey's blog I chose her recipe for Apple Pie Bread and let me tell you, mistake is not a word I would use to describe this wonderfully moist and highly flavorful treat. But, to me (and the way mine turned out), "bread" isn't quite the word I'd use to describe it. I found it to be so incredibly moist and more of cake-like consistency. So in my recipe file I'm choosing to call this "Apple Pie Cake" instead, and I hope you don't mind. I may or may not have tweaked it just a little by adding in a few additional ingredients (denoted by the asterisks*), but the original recipe itself is surely a winner with no additions needed.

Truth be told...whatever you call it ~ bread or cake...Call it delicious...Call it easy....Call it a winner!

You are going to LOVE this recipe!


1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (21 ounce can) apple pie filling
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup caramel chips*
1/2 cup chopped pecans*
Jared caramel sauce for serving (if desired)

-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
-Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
-In a large bowl with a electric mixer, (or in the the bowl of a stand mixer), cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
-Add in the eggs and vanilla and apple pie filling and blend until thoroughly mixed.
-In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
-Combine the flour mixture with the butter/apple mixture and blend until well combined.
-Switching to a wooden spoon or spatula, fold in the caramel chips and the chopped pecans.
-Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
-Cool on a wire rack
-Once completely cooled, slice and serve with a nice cup of coffee and a drizzle of caramel sauce (if desired) and you're all set!!!

Custom Painted Coffee Saying Coffee Mug

I hope you've enjoyed this recipe (thanks Casey, I'll be making this again soon) and that you will visit me again on my blog again soon.

                                      Kudos Kitchen By ReneĆ©...Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,