Mahi-Mahi With Pineapple And Blueberries

Mahi-Mahi With Pineapple And Blueberries Recipe

It was one of those nights. You know the ones. The kind where earlier in the day you take something out of the freezer for dinner that night and then, as it gets closer to dinner time, you wonder what in the heck you're going to do with it?


This particular day I had taken out some mahi-mahi from the freezer.  As I starred into my pantry, fridge and freezer later that day, my mind turned over the various different flavor combinations that might work with the ingredients I had at my disposal.

From the back corner of my pantry, the Trader Joe's pineapple salsa kept calling my name, as did the frozen pineapple and blueberries I had in my freezer.

Could I?

Should I??

It may seem a little odd...

but it worked...

and it worked well!!!

MAHI-MAHI WITH PINEAPPLE AND BLUEBERRIES     {PRINT THIS RECIPE}


4 mahi-mahi fillets (4-5 ounces each)
4 cups frozen pineapple chunks
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt (divided)
1 teaspoon pepper (divided)
2 teaspoons garlic powder (divided)
1 jar pineapple salsa

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-In a 13x9 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray, combine the frozen pineapple, blueberries and red onion.
-Season with half the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
-Bake for 10 minutes.
-Remove from the oven and place the fillets on top of the fruit and onion.
-Drizzle each fillet with olive oil and sprinkle each with the remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder.
-Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
-Remove from the oven and spoon the pineapple salsa evenly over each fish fillet.
-Return to the oven and continue baking for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flaky.
-Serve.




As you can see in the photos, I served it with a side of sweet potato fries and some cut green beans as an additional boost of color (not that it needed it).



This dinner was a feast for the eyes as much as it was a feast for the taste buds :)



I'm going to start a little something new in order to connect the food portion of my blog with the art portion, and my shop.

I'll be featuring a product of mine that somehow (hopefully) ties in with the food whether it be by theme, colors or just random.


Kudos Kitchen By Renee..."Where food and art collide!"
Thanks for letting me indulge :)

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,