German Chocolate Cake Cookies

German Chocolate Cake Cookies Recipe

I made these cookies as a little surprise for my mom for Mother's Day yesterday. I handed her a box full of these delicious cookies after we'd just partaken in a sumptuous and elaborate Mother's Day brunch at the local golf course.

I doubt that my mom would have even sampled these until much later that evening, as we all walked out of that brunch feeling quite full (as you do), and I'll bet the thought of eating anything else must have been pretty off-putting. HAHA! Sorry mom but at least the secret ingredient of love adds no extra calories!

Yield- approximately 30 cookies

1 box German chocolate cake mix
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup caramel chips
1 cup sweetened coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon coconut extract

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In the bowl of a stand mixer (using the paddle attachment), or a large bowl using a wooden spoon, add and first 6 ingredients and mix until just combined.
-In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, oil and extract.
-Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and mix until well combined.
-Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and form the dough into balls the size of golf balls.
-Place the dough on parchment lined baking sheets (12 per sheet)
-Bake each sheet for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
-Flatten each cookie with the back of a spatula and return to the oven to continue baking for an additional 10 -12 minutes.
-Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool the cookies on a wire rack.
-Continue with the remaining cookie dough until complete.

These cookies are packed full of delicious ingredients and lots and lots of love!  I hope my mom enjoy's them as much as I enjoyed the one (or two) that I sampled before I boxed them up. LOL  Is that so wrong?

Now I could use a nice cold cup of milk. How about moo?

Hand Painted Cow Coffee Mug

Until we eat again, have a lovely day!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,