Breakfast At Tiffany's ~ A Glass Act

Who knew this one little design would become the my most popular item in my line? Not me, but I'm thrilled that it has. It's one of my favorite designs to paint and to tell the truth, I too am smitten with the movie "Breakfast At Tiffany's" and of course the ever popular character, Holly Golightly.


With it's 50th anniversary upon us, the fascination of "All Thing's Tiffany's" has taken over and it has become especially hot for brides-to-be for their wedding theme's and bridal showers. I think Audrey Hepburn would be thrilled with the renewed popularity of this quirky movie made in 1961 and adapted from the book written by Truman Capote.

With it's romantic and classical style our very unlikely heroine Holly Golightly (played by Audrey Hepburn) is living in emotional turmoil and denial when she meets her white knight, handsome savior, Paul Varjack (played by George Pepperd) who swoops in to save her from herself, shake her into reality, and win her love by convincing her that she is, in fact, worth loving.  *sob*

What I find the most interesting about this design is that recently I've been getting requests for the same design, but to substitute other women (i.e. the bride more times than not), into the iconic roll of Holly out on the balcony. I've even had a request or two to substitute "cat" with other colors or other species all together.  Frankly that's part of the fun of painting (and ordering) custom glassware! Anything can be painted and designed so that what you receive is a wonderful, whimsical keepsake that will last a lifetime.

Without giving away too many of my secrets of exactly how I go about painting the design (excuse me but I'm trying to run a business here. LOL), here are a few photos that will take you on a little tour of some of the steps I take in painting my "Breakfast At Tiffany's" design.

For your enjoyment, I'm including the popular song from the movie, "Moon River" written by Henri Mancini and preformed by Andy Williams as audio background, as you scroll through the pictures.

Corny... you bet, but please enjoy :)



































As you can see, there's a little something for everyone's tastes, with a design that is as timeless as love itself.

Each and every item I paint is completely one-of-a-kind and unique with no two items ever being the same, adding to their charm and whimsy.  Each of my glassware items are completely dishwasher and microwave safe as well as being non-toxic and most all of my items come in their own gift boxes.

I'd love to paint something for you too. Please visit my shop to have a look around, or drop me an email  if you'd like to discuss a potential order.  For additional information about my products, please visit  (and like) my facebook page.

Remember, custom orders are my specialty and happy, repeat customers is what my business is all about. Together we give the gifts that people remember!!!

Thanks for visiting and please come again!









Labels: ,