Nutella Cookie Bars for #Secret Recipe Club

Nutella Cookie Bar Recipe

I must get these Nutella Bars out of my house before I gobble them ALL up... by myself!!!

That is the first thing I thought as I started to smell these little devils baking in the oven and it's all thanks to Shari of My Judy The Foodie and of course The Secret Recipe Club.

Before I get to Shari and Judy's recipe however, I must urge you to go to Shari's blog if you haven't already. I know you'll be as touched as I was to find out that the Judy in My Judy The Foodie was Shari's mom whom she lost to breast cancer only a few years ago. Shari's blog is an extremely loving tribute to her mother and her recipes and once you go and listen to their story (make sure to watch the video), I know you'll be as charmed as I was to learn the story behind all the wonderful and heartfelt family recipes you'll find there.

Thankfully, after they baked and cooled I was able to give many of them away. Some to my son who just happened to stop by for a visit on a baking day (lucky) and some to my father-in-law who pretty much inhaled a few shortly after I handed them over :)

These cookies bars are by far some of the best cookies bars I've ever had! I urge you to try them in your own kitchen and who knows, maybe they'll be a family tradition and a hand me down recipe you'll treasure for many years to come.

NUTELLA COOKIE BARS      {PRINT THIS RECIPE}


2 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened (I always use salted)
1 cup brown sugar
2    0.9 ounce packages of sugar free/fat free banana instant pudding
1 egg (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1   14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Nutella
5 ounces of peanut butter chips
5 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
-In a large bowl with an electric mixer (or stand mixer), blend together the softened butter, brown sugar and the dry pudding mix until creamy.
-Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
-Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and blend until completely incorporated (the dough is rather stiff).
-Prepare a 13x9 baking dish by spraying with cooking spray or lightly butter the pan.
-Press half of the cookie batter into the bottom of the pan making an even layer.
-Bake the cookie crust for approximately 13 minutes so the dough sets slightly. Remove from oven.
-Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the Nutella and the sweetened condensed milk.
-Pour the Nutella mixture over the baked cookie crust and spread to evenly coat the bottom.
-Sprinkle the peanut butter and chocolate chips evenly over the Nutella.
-Using the remaining dough, break it into small'ish pieces and place it randomly over the Nutella and the chips.
-Sprinkle the top with the pecans.
-Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the cookies bars are a lovely golden brown and the smell is about to drive you insane.
-Cool completely and then slice into bars.
-Enjoy them all for yourself (not recommended) or give them away to family and friends so they're no longer a temptation you cannot resist (recommended)!







Thanks so much to Judy and Shari for an exceptionally delicious cookie bar! This recipe is sure to be a keeper and one that is highly requested from my kids :)


Until we bake again,



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,