Breaded Dijon Applesauce Pork Chops with Roasted Honey Dijon Brussels Sprouts

Breaded Dijon Applesauce Pork Chop Recips

I stood staring into the freezer wondering what I'd make for dinner that night. I pulled out some boneless pork chops and figured that I'd come up with an idea about what to do with them as it got closer to dinner time. I think we've all been there from time to time.


I usually have a plan beforehand as I've been trying to become more organized about my meal preparations and planning as of the last several months. However this particular day my organizational skills weren't up to par and I was left to my own devices and creativity with what ingredients I had on hand in the pantry and fridge.

As the pork chops thawed my mind went to work with ideas and flavor combinations that would work without making a special trip to the grocery store to supplement my supplies.

The pork chops that I came up with were very simple to prepare and yet extremely moist and flavorful. As a bonus, I also had some Brussels sprouts in the fridge, so I decided that I'd try to incorporate a little of the same ingredients from the pork chop flavors into the side dish and hoped that they would compliment each other nicely.

The result is a two-fer in terms of recipes for you. Had these recipe "experiments" not worked at all, you'd not be hearing from me now. LOL  The moral of this story, don't be afraid to play in your kitchen and have fun with your food!!!

BREADED APPLESAUCE DIJON PORK CHOPS    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}


3-4 boneless pork chops (about 1" thick)
3-4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups bread crumbs (homemade or store bought)
2 tablespoons olive oil
additional sale and pepper for seasoning

-In a shallow dish (or plate), pierce the pork chops with a fork (or knife) all over, on both sides.
-On each chop, pour a little of the apple cider vinegar (both sides) and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
-In another shallow dish (or plate), mix the applesauce, mustard, ginger and garlic.
-In a baking dish, add half of the breadcrumbs to the bottom of the dish.
-After the chops have marinated in the vinegar, dry them on paper towels.
-Spoon some of the applesauce mixture onto both sides of the pork chops.
-Place the chops on top of the breadcrumbs in the baking dish and top the sauced chops with the remaining bread crumbs.
-Drizzle each chop with a little bit of olive oil.
-Season each chop with a little additional salt and pepper.
-Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for approximately  35-40 minutes or until the chops are cooked through and no longer pink.
-Cover with foil and allow the chops to sit for about 10 minutes before serving.







Roasted Honey Dijon Brussels Sprouts Recipe

ROASTED HONEY DIJON BRUSSELS SPROUTS    {PRINT THIS RECIPE}


1 1/2  pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half if large.
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

-Place the trimmed Brussels sprouts on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
-Drizzle the sprouts with the olive oil, garlic, mustard, honey and ginger (you can blend these together first if you prefer, or add them separately on top of the sprouts).
-Sprinkle the sprouts with salt and pepper.
-Using your hands, mix the sprouts thoroughly to cover each with the oil, mustard, honey and ginger mixture.
-Bake in a preheated 375-400 degree oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, tossing them half way through the cooking process.
-Serve and enjoy!


Thanks for visiting me in my Kudos Kitchen. I hope you've enjoyed your stay and will come back again soon. There is always room for you at my Kudos Kitchen table :)

Until we eat again,





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,