Lemon Curd And Lemon Curd Whipped Cream


I love lemons!!!  I love the taste. I love the pucker. I love the color.


Because of my love for lemons, I've always wanted to make lemon curd but never had...until now.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

 LEMON CURD ~ (Recipe for lemon curd whipped cream follows)   {PRINT THIS RECIPE}
(Makes approximately 3 cups)

6 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup butter, melted
2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

-On top of the stove, in a double boiler, over medium heat, beat the eggs and sugar.
-Stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon zest.
-Cook and stir over medium heat for approximately 20-25 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
-Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
-As the curd cools, it will also become much thicker.  Similar in texture to a pudding.  This is what you're looking food.
-Refrigerate until ready to eat with a spoon or use in a multitude of ways (limited only by your imagination).









Homemade Lemon Curd Recipe

 LEMON CURD WHIPPED CREAM     {PRINT THIS RECIPE}


1 pint cold whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
    1 cup lemon curd

-Place the bowl and whisk of your stand mixer in the freezer for about 10 minutes prior to making your whipped cream.
-In the frozen bowl and start on slow speed, whisk the cream, sugar.
-Gradually increase the mixing speed until you form whipped cream with semi-soft peaks (being careful not to over beat).
-Add the lemon zest and whisk for a few more seconds.
-Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in 1 cup of the lemon curd (previous recipe).
-Refrigerate until ready to use.
-Serve with a multitude of desserts, including strawberry shortcake and blueberry cobbler!


Lemon Curd Whipped Cream Recipe

I will definitely be making this again...often.

I will also be making this with oranges and limes and I even have a few ideas up my sleeve with these recipes that may surprise you!

Good things deserve to be shared.

You can thank me later ;)

Until we eat again,



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,