Angelic Eggs

Having never been a huge fan of deviled eggs but always having a strong love for scrambled eggs and bacon, the other day a light bulb went off in my head.

You get where I'm going with this, right?

Oink! Oink!

Deviled Egg with Bacon Recipe


1 dozen hard boiled eggs, shelled and divided in half
1/2 pound cooked and crumbled bacon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
2 tablespoons minced chives (save some for garnish)

-In a medium size bowl, add the egg yolks and all the remaining ingredients. Mash with a fork or spoon until it becomes the consistency of mashed potatoes (with lumps).
-Using a spoon, mound approximately 1 teaspoon of the yolk mixture back into the egg white cup.
-Garnish with additional chopped chives.
-Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Deviled Eggs with Bacon Recipe

For me, this would make an awesome Mother's Day breakfast served in bed with a side of toast and a nice hot cup of coffee!  YUM!

*Note -These Angelic Eggs could also be made with cooked, drained and crumbled breakfast sausage as a replacement to the bacon. No doubt, it would be equally delicious!!!  Off I go to polish my halo :)  LOL

*My original hand painted glassware is available through my shop  or drop me an email for additional information.

                          Kudos Kitchen By Renee ~ Where food and art collide on a regular basis!

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , ,