Hawaiian Sweet Rolls

Hawaiian Sweet Roll Recipe

This is my first Secret Recipe Club post and I'm SO excited. Finally I get to share my secret recipe for these wonderful Hawaiian Sweet Rolls from the young and talented, up and coming, food blogger Casey of
My Beautiful Disasters.
For those of you who don't know what The Secret Recipe Club is, it's a brainstorm of an idea that popular food and craft blogger Amanda Fomero came up with  to help the food blogging community unite and support each other with our love of all things food. Delicious idea!

Every month, each of the participating food bloggers (and there are LOTS) gets assigned a fellow food bloggers site to peruse and ultimately select one of their recipes to recreate and share on our own food blogs.  It's a brilliant concept really...and it's a SECRET.  Shhhhhh.  At least that is, until our groups designated reveal day.  I'm in group D and our reveal date is today, October 31, 2011.  About time I say!

Let me show you the recipe I've selected to make from Casey's blog.  It's called Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and when I read through the list of ingredients, I was salivating at the sound of it.  Right then, I knew that this was the one for me!!!

I made a few minor changes to Casey's original recipe although I didn't especially "knead" to. Casey's seemed pretty darned good right from the get go however, me being me, I did add some ingredients and changed the mode of preparation just a tiny bit.  The first being that I didn't use a bread machine.  I think I still have mine in the basement somewhere collecting dust, but I no longer use it.  I love making any kind of yeast bread and when I can dig in and get my hands involved, it's even better :)

HAWAIIAN SWEET ROLLS     {PRINT THIS RECIPE}

3-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup potato flakes
1/3 cup sugar
2-1/4 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons dry minced onion
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons coconut extract

-Add the first 9 ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
-Sift together to blend thoroughly and make a well in the center.
-In a small sauce pan (or microwave) heat until butter melts and liquids are warm (not hot).
-Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture.
-Stir well to combine.
-Add the coconut extract and beaten egg to the mixture and, using your hands, mix and knead the dough (on a floured surface) until completely blended and the dough is soft and smooth.
-Place your dough into a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
-Place in a warm, draft free place (I use my preheated warmed oven at 220 degrees and turned off) until doubled. About on hour.
-After an hours time, remove the dough and punch down to deflate.
-Allow the dough to rest about 10 minutes.
-Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
-Divide the dough into 12-15 balls and place next to each other in the baking pan.
-Cover again with plastic wrap and allow to rise in that warm place for an additional one hour.
-Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
-Bake your rolls for approximately 35 minutes or until until golden and the amazing aroma is wafting through your house.   SO GOOD!
-Brush with melted butter (optional, but why not?) and serve!











Hawaiian Sweet Roll Recipe

These rolls are amazing!  I've actually dreamt of the flavor of these many times since I made these a few weeks ago.  There are not many recipes I can say I actually dream about, but this is one of them.


Hawaiian Sweet Roll Recipe

Your family and friends will certainly be all lined up to get one.  Just you wait!


Thanks so much for sharing such a delicious recipe on your blog Casey.  You are one terrific young woman  that I wish I was more like when I was your age.  Keep on doing what you're doing and best of luck in your future food blogging career.  I'll be anxiously watching to see what recipes you come up with next!

This edition of The Secret Recipe Club was so much fun.  I can hardly wait until I get my next months assignment.  But don't try and get me to tell you early what it is, it's a secret and you'll just have to wait!

Until we eat again,






Labels: , , , , , ,