FFWD - Mozzarella, Tomato & Strawberry Salad

So simple and yet so complex.




Looking back at how I put this dish together, I wish I had done it more like Dorie had suggested.  Simply on the plate, with a slight drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the top.  I didn't. I used baby mozzarella balls to mimic the size of the other ingredients and I added them all into a bowl (with the addition of finely chopped red onion) and gave it a little jiggle.  Not a full on shake because I know my ingredients were on the delicate side.  Just a little wiggle and then it went to the plate....and I added pine nuts because, I'm a nut for a nut.

The results (I feel) look a bit jumbled and confusing on the plate.   However, the taste was anything but.  This salad is simply delicious with it's fresh, light and very satisfying taste.  So good in fact, I think I might serve this over the 4th of July weekend to our guests (but maybe serve the balsamic and olive oil on the side).


Mozzarella, Tomato and Strawberry Salad



I made enough of this salad to have leftovers for lunch this afternoon.  Is it noon yet??? I can hardly wait!

Paris on a plate makes me happy. Some day I hope I'll get to go and see the sites in person.

Until we eat again,

Labels: , , , , , , ,