FFWD - Spinach And Bacon Quiche

Quiche me you fool!!!





OMG! You will absolutely fall in love with this recipe and once you try it, your life will never be the same again. True story :)

Dorie Greenspan's recipe for this incredible Spinach and Bacon Quiche can be found on page 160 of her cookbook "Around My French Table" and I can not recommend it highly enough for all you quiche lovers out there.  Actually, I can not recommend it highly enough for all you non-quiche lovers out there either.  Bottom line, you simply must try this recipe!!!

With a pastry crust (i.e. tart dough, found on page 498) that's as flaky as it is buttery, it comes together in a snap and is as easy as pie to make (LOL pun intended).

The filling of this delicious quiche is light and creamy and loaded with flavors that are both bold and delicate.  It's a match made in heaven with the addition of sweet and smokey bacon and the healthy and flavorful spinach!  In order to add my own twist to this recipe, I omitted the onion and garlic and added some minced shallots instead.


Eggs, cream and Parmesan cheese come next with lots of fresh cracked black pepper.  I also added in some dry mustard for a little bit more tang and topped this beauty with halved graped tomatoes for extra color.



Baked in a 400 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes has you licking and smacking your lips in anticipation!  Allow your quiche to cool for at least 5 minutes and your ready to plate and serve! 


I served my quiche alongside a salad with balsamic vinegar dressing and some additional tomatoes for a little extra pop of color (not that it needed it).  Such a pretty and colorful meal.  It makes me hungry all over again.


With me being the veggie lover in the family and my husband going ape for all things bacon, this is one meal I will find myself making time and again. 

Thank you so much for this recipe Dorie!  It has earned a special place of honor "Around My Illinois Table" and we couldn't love it more! 

With Love and Quiches,




Labels: , , , , , , , , ,