FFWD - Cardamom Rice Pilaf



Right away when I saw the title of this recipe, I knew I was going to love it!  Actually cardamom is a relatively new spice for me.  The first time I'd ever used it was, oddly enough, for another one of the FFWD recipe selections.  I was immediately smitten with the heady, spicy and slightly lemony flavor it imparts.


Dorie's recipe (found on page 382 of Around My French Table) starts with basamati rice, cardamom (I used ground as that's what I had in my pantry) and lemon zest to top off the completed pilaf.

To pay homage to my first introduction with cardamom, I knew I also had to include carrots into my rice as I loved that flavor combination so much.  Not satisfied with stopping at carrots, I also added some frozen peas, pine nuts and little squeeze of honey to finish her off.  Mmmmm ~ Delicious!  Spicy with a mild sweetness that tickled our taste buds and the soft buttery crunch from the pine nuts was amazing!





I'm proud to say that Dorie herself has seen my pilaf and was kind enough to tweet me back regarding it:
@kudoskitchen "The pilaf looks great. Glad you liked the add of cardamom - a great spice. Try it in a plain loaf or Bundt cake."

Thanks for the recipe and for the suggestion Dorie, can't wait to try that too :)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit again!

Labels: , , , ,