FFWD - Garlicky Crumb-Coated Broccoli

I love, love, love vegetables!!! I love them steamed, I love them sauteéd, I love them grilled and I love them raw, but my new favorite way of cooking them is roasting them! Whatever the vegetable, roasting just brings out a nutty and exciting depth of flavor like nothing else.  That is why I opted to roast my broccoli for this recipe as opposed to simply steaming them as Dorie's recipe suggests.

To roast: Place a single layer of your veggie on a baking sheet, add a slight drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper and you're ready to roast them in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. YUMMY!



The ingredients for the remainder of Dorie's delicious dish are simple:  fresh broccoli, garlic (and plenty of it), lemon zest, bread crumbs, butter and parsley.  That's it!!! It could not be easier or tastier than that.


These are some serious good eats and can elevate whatever vegetable you plan on serving to epic proportions.  I plan on adding this topping to roasted tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans and even corn on the cob.  How good will that be? Be still my heart!

For now though, here is my completed garlicky crumb-coated broccoli dish.  I wish I could tell you that I didn't stand by the stove and finish off almost the entire contents of the pan after dinner, but I did (and I'd do it again too)! Shhhh, that's our little secret OK?



Sadly I'll have to miss next week's FFWD recipe but will definitely be back in time for the Mustard Batons and Bistro Paul Bert Pepper Steak.  My mouth is already watering just thinking about those!

For now and until later,

Labels: , , , , , , ,