FFWD - Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak



Being complete red meat carnivores, my husband and son could not have been happier with this weeks French Friday's With Dorie selection.  I, on the other hand, hardly ever pick red meat as my protein of choice. I'm more of a chicken and poultry type of gal.


That being said, I thought this recipe was delicious, with the sauce being the perfect compliment to the peppery seasoned steaks and balanced the flavors beautifully.

Trying to be a bit more frugal these past few weeks had me using some rib eye steaks that I'd happened to have on hand in my freezer, as opposed to the filet mignons the recipe called for.  The only thing I could say I was disappointed in was the actual steak cut I'd used as my substitute.  It was a bit fatty and I'm sure the filet would have been the far better choice.  Ah well, you can't fault a girl for trying.

The Steak:




The Sauce:



And we all know how I love my roasted veggies.  Here is my completed dish with a side of roasted heaven on a plate (Brussels sprouts and carrots).



Bon appétite!  Hope you enjoyed your steak.  Now it's time for a nap :)


Bon jour!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,