A Tale Of Two Bob's

Lately I'd been feeling like most all of my tiles had been geared toward women and women's interests.    Now, with the addition of boxes and trays I have a whole new world of fun design ideas that I get to play with. Yippee!

Yesterday was all about the boys. Little boys to be exact... and little boys named Bob.  Sponge Bob Square Pants and Bob The Builder.  Two fun little guys who couldn't be more different, but each start out exactly the same.

Each Bob starts with a brilliant blue background paint.  Two coats to be exact, making sure there is plenty of drying time in between.  Be patient. Bob's don't like to be rushed.

Let's watch Sponge Bob come to life.  Just add water :)

This is one happy, goofy sponge.
I remember when my boys were little and they loved collecting all sorts of interesting things.  Cool stones, sticks or any other lucky objects that just happen to catch their eye. Too bad I didn't have neat little treasure boxes when there were little to collect all their findings.  I suppose I'll just have to wait for grandchildren :)
According to Sponge Bob Square Pants "It's hip to be square!" No wait, that was Huey Lewis... but it seems to fit Sponge Bob too :)

Now Bob The Builder is different sort. To this guy, it's all about being level headed.  Let's get to work on Bob, shall we?

One thing's for certain, Bob The Builder is no tool, but he is pretty cool!

Bob is certainly happy in his work! Bob and I are a lot alike that way.  He likes to create functional items to help people in their daily life and things that will make people happy. 

Makes perfect sense then that Bob would find a home on a tray, complete with the bricks that Bob layed himself . Not really.  Actually I beat him to the bricks part, but he would have if he hadn't been busy drying on the counter. Next time Bob :)
Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed seeing how the two Bob's came to life and how much fun they are to have around!!!  Bye, Bye Bob's!

Now, I'd love to hear what you have to say...Do you like my step-by-step painting posts? Do you find them interesting? Do they make you yawn? Do they bore the square pants off you? What would you like me to do differently? Please, don't be shy about telling me what you think. Your feedback is very valuable to me and I want to make sure that I'm bringing entertaining and interesting content your way.   I can't wait to hear from you. 

The Bob's and I thank you very much!